Another stupid question about caps

Started by Tony Forestiere, June 09, 2004, 08:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Forestiere

:oops:Tonepads TS clone, "El Griton", wants to have two 0.22 microfarad TANTALUM caps. Can't find them locally. Could electrolytics be subbed? What is their purpose? They appear to be noise reduction.

(Sorry...2 stupid questions!) :oops:

Thanks,
Tony
"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

RDV

They're tantalums because they're small, a film cap would work fine, but would be too big for FP's layout.

HTH

RDV

brett

Quotea film cap would work fine, but would be too big for FP's layout
An MKT cap (those little "box" ones) works fine.  In fact, MKT caps are excellent from 0.001uF to 1uF.  There are good reasons for using a 1uF MKTs as the 2 x 1uF NP required in a tubescreamer.

cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Tony Forestiere

Thanks RDV. To quote somebody..."Make it big, then smash it with a hammer!"

"Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." Carl Zwanzig
"Whoso neglects learning in his youth, loses the past and is dead for the future." Euripides
"Friends don't let friends use Windows." Me

RDV

I've got some MKT box type caps for cheap, but the .22uF are kinda large cause they're 100v. I've got some .68 & 1uF that are the nice small 63v.

RDV