JG's Easy Face Problems..

Started by 9V, June 10, 2004, 03:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9V

i recently built JG's EASY FACE with Tone Pad's layouts...

and i was faced with some problems...

drew the schematics by hand, and during the drilling process, i scratched the copper surface along the areas, it did not cause damage, but it made some shiney darker scratch marks...

the Q2 PNP GE and Q1 2N3906..was omitted and i put in a 2 of (in Q2 and Q1) "2N2907 PNP GE"...

also omitted the RA 100-300Ohm resistor, because it was not available...

and the TPad told to use the 500K log and it said 500KA..
i got a Stereo 500K...and it has extra 4th ring....on the other side..and it's labled B500K..

purchased the DPDT on and off switch, and it lables

(off)
1/4
2/5
3/6
(on)..

and connected

(off)
(input)1/4(output)
(stjack tip)2/5(monojack ring)
(to6)3/6(to3)

i'll post some pictures along with these questions later, and going to look into FAQ and post in the wesbite..but please help this beginner out, appreciated thank you..
i haven't given up just yet!

9V

u1061810

Hi,
I don't know if those transistors are a good sub for the 2n3906s, or not ?
(anyone know?)
Audio and log are interchangable.(A=Audio).The B on the pot stands for linear , which I believe will always "work", even though it might not be the best choice for the job.(correct me if I'm wrong here)
What size resistor did you put in the RA spot?

9V

thanks for replying

i did not put in any resistors on the ra spot, i left it empty.

hmm...

brett

You need to put a wire (jumper) where Ra would go.  This doesn't have much effect on the Easyface in my experience.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

9V

still did not work,

i've asked many times before here, i think i done them wirings wrong...

how do i check these things? i heard there is like a thumb test or patch cord test? or using ohmemter? or digital something... i forget...

thx

axis

Take a look at the top of this page under Debugging to get info about the Audio Probe.

You at least need an Ohm meter to check if you have continuity in the circuit. This means having all the parts connected as they should be.
Build a better fuzz face and the world will beat a path to your door.

Hal

probably a stupid suggestion, but make sure you get the polarity right...its a positive ground circuit.