The T.R.O.G.G ! Picture's added !

Started by Lonestarjohnny, June 11, 2004, 10:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestarjohnny

Ricky, I moved here in 79 and now I are 1,
and until you've tried 1 of those 100 oz. Tejas style Steak's, you never been to the Table,  :lol:
JD

casey

you can take the boy out of texas,
but you cant take the texas out of the boy.....

i miss home somtimes... :)
Casey Campbell

Samuel

Fella from Austin flies into LaGuardia, and takes a cab into Manhattan. The cabbie is driving him around, and in their conversation, finds out he's from Texas, so he decides to point out some sights to him.

"See that? That's shea stadium!"

the Texan responds "Aw, we got bigger stadiums than that in Texas."

The cabbie is a bit miffed, but as they wind their way through the city he tries again: "Over there is Grand Central Station! Pretty impressive huh?"

the Texan responds "Aw, we got bigger ones than that in Texas. It ain't that impressive."

The cabbie is pretty irritated by this point, as they drive past the Chrysler Building, and decides to keep his yap shut.

The Texan looks up, notices that the cabbie isn't saying anything, and finally bites:
"Well, what's that?"

"Huh? Oh, I dunno, wasn't here yesterday."

smoguzbenjamin

Quote from: JDI may not win but just competing makes it all worth while.
What exactly are you trying to win? ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

casey

hey j.d.

you ought to name the amp T.R.O.G.G.DOR after the dragon
on www.homestarrunner.com

now that would be cool....
Casey Campbell

Lonestarjohnny

Ben, Ive got a lot of experiance at what I do, trouble shooting and repairing electronic's, still there are device's out there that I have no knowledge about, but to learn and understand as much as one can is the race, you can never be the winner in this race but you don't have to finish last.
Casey, That's a Very Kewl Dragon, I'd love to call it that, but I think somebody might do more than Flame my ol' Butt,  :lol:
JD

smoguzbenjamin

Well JD, one day, one day I'll become as knowledgeable as you... And try to win the race anyway 8)

Why don't you e-mail the homestarrunner crew and ask if you can use the name "Trog Dor - The Burninator" :D I've been watching that site for a couple of months now, I think it's insanely funny :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Lonestarjohnny

Ben, with an attutude that is very positive sounding, YOU may just be the GUY that will win it, and I'll be Rooting for ya ! I'm a little to old to win it, but I still love to learn something new as often as possible, and Here is a big melting pot of knowledge for me to draw on, My thanks to everyone for sharing this Delight with me
I may just do the checking in to the Dragon thing, I went over there and had a look, I like him, he's so bad, he sure would look good on the front of any pedal board.
JD

Lonestarjohnny

Finished rewireing the Tube section on the Mace tonight,
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Lonrstarjohnny/IMG_1492.jpg
I decided to off the Burnt Circuit board and use standoff's and rewire it point to point,after adding some NOS tube Socket's I replaced the 100 ohm 5 watt resistors, and the 47K ohm bias resistors, ran heater voltage wireing, and wired in sec. side of the output transformer, tomorrow I'm hopeing the houseing for the pedal control center will come in.
I'll post some pic's of my test board I made for all the pedal's to be mounted to while I tweak each one for the best tone.
I'll try and get all voltage readings down on each pedal after it is tweaked, I have been sort of adjusting each tranny  to 4.5 v. on the J201's and then lowering this or upping it to make it sound right for my rig.
JD

Arn C.

JD,
 So, what did you finally come up with for the switching betwen all the pedals(T.R.O.G.G.)?

I also am thinking of building an all in one unit!

Peace!
Arn C.

Mark Hammer

With 4 or more preamp structures to choose from, I'm wondering what the switching arrangement will be.  Rotary switch?  Sequential switch?  One-of-4 pushbutton (like an old car radio)?

What sort of strategy do you have in place for mid-song footswitching, or do you see this as more of a set and forget until you stop playing sort of thing?

Lonestarjohnny

Mark, right at this moment I'm testing and tweaking each pedal on a test board and by tonight I hope to be finished with that part of this project, I have looked at a pushbutton setup, that's mechanical and I also have some 24 V. potter brumfield 9 pin relays that I may try useing, just getting a system built that has no lag would be great, I have thought about useing a Middi Buddy also, and rack mounting everything, I'm hoping also one of you guy's with all the thinking power will bail me out on this problem, any Idea's at this moment would be great,
I just got the amp working and  I was very happy with it's outcome, I replaced the bad tube socket's for the Fender bolt on style and point to pointed the wireing, recapped and no tube's, I got 465 VDC on the B+ and  -47.4 VDC on the Bias, I believe that'll work out very nicely for a clean loud amp.
Thank's for you input
JD

casey

Casey Campbell

puretube

that link reminds me of what I saw in a link of somebody who tried
to publish a Z-VEX schematic...