News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

OT - AxeTrak

Started by aron, June 11, 2004, 03:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aron

What do you guys think of this? It seems like a pretty good price, but there are only heavier distorted recordings. I'd like to hear a clean and semi-distorted recording.

http://www.jlhproducts.com/axetrak/Index.cfm

Lonestarjohnny

From lookin at the Spec's, ala 16 lb's and whata ya get, just another Brake with a Different name, I tried the Mashall made one years ago and did'nt like it, It also seemed to make my amp run hotter, it could be a different design and I may be wrong, but judgeing by the wieght, it's probably another Brake.
JD

aron

No, from what I gather it's an isolation cabinet. So there's a driver inside plus a mic. At least that's what I believe it is.

If it is what I think, that's a very fair price.

Bluesgeetar

Looks pretty cool.  The thing I don't like is it doesn't seem to give you an option of switching out speakers.  Like one day I may wanna use a Jensen gold label the next day I may wanna use a greenback, the next day I may wanna use a Fane etc..   also one day I may wanna use  Shure SM57, the next a MK319 (or Neumann U87, their the same) or the next day a ribbon mic etc etc..

I still think the Randall Iso cab gives you more directions to go to.  But for the money that thing is a sweet deal!  Nice price indeed.  :D

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040611174608063225179020078030/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/480371/

Only $425 With a Vintage 30 Celestion :D

Lonestarjohnny

Could be, but I'd sure check it out if I was thinkin on payin buck's for it, if it's what you think it is it could be a cool piece, me I live out in the country, Don't need one,     Huh ! Just Crank it on UP !
:twisted:
JD

Eric H

Quote from: aronNo, from what I gather it's an isolation cabinet. So there's a driver inside plus a mic. At least that's what I believe it is.

If it is what I think, that's a very fair price.

It has to be --fear of copycats at work.
It is a fair price --if you're happy with the choice of driver, mic, and mic-placement. The Randall looks like a more versatile (and much larger) setup.  Why don't you email the guy.

-Eric
" I've had it with cheap cables..."
--DougH