It's now time to make my pedal...

Started by Gnome, June 11, 2004, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnome

Ok, I got this not working MXR dyna comp for free, and I want to make a pedal in the chassie. It's suposed to be a splitter/buffer/clean boost. Where you can choose between the buffered signal, and the bypass signal, and switch in the booster at any time. So, controls will be a foot-switch for the booster in/out, a volume pot for the booster, and a toggle switch tochoose between  BP and the buffer. Maybe I make something else, anyway. I need some info on how to make the buffer and the booster, with some criterias. Prize is almost no barrier, so I need to know how to make them as transparent and high quality as hardly possible. If anyone has some schem's on good designs, it would be very nice.

So, I need schematics, and a list over which manufacturers I should use to get the highest possible quality components.

Edit: I want the buffer to be like the Axess Electronics B/S-2, and the clean booster to be like the AC-Booster from Xotic.

Gnome

Sorry, guys, I'm obviously not shure on what I want/need. So, if anyone has a schem on a nice booster, it would be fine. It's for a boost on solos etc. dunno if you can use a clean boost for this, so if anyone knows, please tel me

Cheers, Emil

zener

Oh yeah!