Is there any other H&K Tube rotosphere owners here?

Started by Bluesgeetar, June 11, 2004, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesgeetar

The Tone God

I don't own one but I have had a few of them in the shop. What do you need ? Please don't ask for a trace. ;)

Andrew

Lonestarjohnny

TRACE  :shock: ,  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I got a friend that has one and it's got a great effect, sorta got that Lonnie Mack, type Hammond B-3 thing goin on, Sweet though.
JD

Bluesgeetar

No  :lol:

That would be one hell of a trace!

No I have one I hate that breaker switch with a damn passion!!!! :evil:

I was wondering if anyone has pondered the idea of modding the tube rotospheres breaker switch to a univibe type deal with a footcontroller plugged in where the breaker switch is at (jusy remove the breaker switch all together!)  Then have the wah style footcontroller like the univibe to control speed.  With the footcontroller you could lock it into a speed and leave it instead of trying to get your foot muscles to not cramp from trying to keep it at that speed.  God I hate that thing!!!  What the hell were they thinking!?   It totally busts my concentration while playing trying to work that damn breaker switch.  

Any ideas would be nice.  When your repairing the ones in your shop please take a look at that switch and let me know if you have any ideas on modding that breaker switch part to a footcontroller job.

A person could make good money at this!  Everyone I know owns one hates that breaker switch and agrees that a footcontroller would be the bomb!! :D

Thanks bro

Rodgre

We have both the old and new version of the Rotosphere at the studio, one with the momentary and one with the latching breaker switch.

Why did they change that design?

I like it a lot. I think it's the best sounding leslie simulation short of a leslie. It's not perfect, but it's good.

Roger

The Tone God

I personal don't like them. I can see in some setups it being good but not in any of my setups IMHO. I guess I've been spoiled with real lesiles and my own simulators.

I don't mind the break switch. I found it more useful to hitting certain in between speeds that the fast/slow switch swing past.

I haven't seen one in a few months but this is what I remember. It is essentially two BBD chours pedals in one. I presume one BBD section does the horn while the other does the rotor. The break switch in the ones I played with were momentary which would make me belive that they are causing a changing in the BBD clock. I don't think varing the amount of signal going through the break switch will work although I would have to sit down with one and do some tests to figure out what it is doing exactly.

More likely a solution would be replacing the speed pot. I think it was dual pot. That could be done with optocouplers. I don't have much experience with BBD based effects so do a search on mods for BBD flanges/chours effects. That should get you going on the right track.

Andrew