Radio shack switch

Started by pbsk8er03, June 12, 2004, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbsk8er03

Will a  radio shack DP/DT switch work as well as a small bear switch???IS there a diffrence in quality??? WIll it affewct my pedal. I had a small bear one but it was a bad switch :(  And i really wanna get it done and dont wanna have to order another switch from small bear.

THANX

petemoore

Q  Will a radio shack DP/DT switch work as well as a small bear switch???

A  Well I'd just say 'NO', but maybe for a while it 'works'...I've used them.

Q  IS there a diffrence in quality??? From the individual reports: "SB Sells quility", you get what you pay for I believe, except at RS...you get what they have and paymore...for switch buying comparisons between RS and SB...apples and oranges.
 RS switches are a bit hit or miss, and the durability factor is rather low, the toggles break off, they intermittently fail sometimes, other times just fail etc.
 For the $/quality, IMO, your'e much better off getting switches from SB.
 I believe the RS switches are not intended for signal switching, though they work for that.
 There was a switch shootout supposed to happen, I don't remember the exact results.
 For a great box,a great switch needs to be used...again IMO.
 Aron was selling 3PDT's, very good, very good price, very easy to wire bypass indicator...using these is a pleasure.
 Edit: RS mini toggle is the subject here. Ive got at least ten of them, so far one broke [toggle], one broke [case opened], one partial...gotta twiggel it sometimes. The rest are working fine after probly a year.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hal

RS doesn't stock stomp switches, if thats what your asking.  However, i do i have a RS submini DPDT toggle that i use for series/paralell switching on my guitar. Had it for 2 years or so, and it works great, still!  Overpriced ($4 or so, where it should be about $2),  but its easier to go to one of 3 RS's within 5 minutes of my house then mail order...

pbsk8er03

Ok well i bought the switch from small bear and it doesnt work...will i get another 1 free???

smoguzbenjamin

E-mail steve and find out :) He's a nice guy and you should be able to get this sorted out.
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

RDV

Uh.. you know if you got it too hot while soldering.. you might have rendered it inoperable yourself. I've done it.

Just a thought.

RDV