OT:: Fender and HP???

Started by Sic, June 12, 2004, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex C

I think that's just an HP promo showing all the companies that use its (HP's) technology, and in this case Fender seems to use HP computers.  

Alex

Sic

Well, if you read on it mentions about hp and fender teaming up and about how fender has bought some other companies...

i was just wondering if perhaps they are both (hp and fender) owned by the same people.

The Tone God

HP has been running a series of ads showing how they teamed up with different big name companies for various system needs. Fender just happens to be one of them. There is no other connection or coincident.

Fender has bought a number of companies in the past few years like Guild, Dearmond, Gretch, Bigsby, etc. I find that kind of funny now that they are up for sale.

Andrew

Alex C

Yeah, there had just been the big thread about Fender being for sale, and since there was just the link (not comments), I didn't know if you were implying a purchase by HP or something.

Alex

Sic

yeah, wasn't sure about the link, would be kinda weird if hp owned fender... when i saw it, i was just reminded of that recent fender post you mentioned... Sorry for the confusion

gez

Quote from: Sicwould be kinda weird if hp owned fender...

If they ever do then the quality of the decals might improve...oh come on, surely everyone knows that's the secret to good tone!!!  :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter