WHATS THE BEST/EASY TO BUILD CLEAN BOOST?

Started by DESTRO, August 30, 2003, 06:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DESTRO

THIS WILL BE MY 1ST PROJECT-STOMPBOX.  I WANT A CLEAN NATURAL DB BOOST WITHOUT ALOT OF COLORING TO THE TONE.  THE BASS PLAYER IN MY BAND HAS 3 DIFFERENT TONE/GAIN STAGES AND IT MAKES FOR GREAT DYNAMIC. I LOVE THE SOUND OF MY RIG ( 68 BASSMAN-MARSHALL 1960A SLANT 4/12-KEELEY MOD TS9DX BAKED) ITS A MUT BUT SOUNDS AWSOME!!  JUST NEEDS A LITTLE JUICE FOR THE HEAVIER PARTS.

//STELLALINK.COM[/url]

Johan

try the Mini-booster at AMZ ( see the link above ) it has the qualitys that most people look for in a boostpedal. it has rellatively few parts, its easy to builld, addapts well for future tweaking and was good enough for the Fulltone people to turn into their "Fatboost"....

Johan
DON'T PANIC

S. Dunigan

Try the LPB1 you will be surprised! I think this is the best for a beginer

Plus it does not color tone at all.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/v2/index.php?option=displaypage&Itemid=103&op=page&SubMenu=

Mini booster is great but LPB1 is easier

petemoore59

THe minibooster has much 'character' or color in my exp. bordering on what you might get sorta close to with a mild OD set kinda low. Real nice.
 LPB's are very kwik, EZ builds/debugs, I have one in my P.B. I use alot.
Great for a first build choice IMO...I try to suggest this one as a first, take it easy on yourself!!! That first build had much riding on it..including your sanity...lol...at least mine did. The lower the parts count the better your chances of keeping your hair from falling/being pulled out.
 My LPB sees many hours of use...I use it all the time.
 I would suggest [especially if you can't get the other one going] set everything else aside and pick the simplest ckt you can find and focus all your attention on getting it functioning.
  { I have a pile of boards down there that I tried to build/get working that I scavenge parts from.]
  I'm glad to see your posted interest here!!! If you having troubles post again. I want your first project to be a pos. exp. that you'll always have fond mems of!!! Don't be afraid to step back from it if it starts beating you...finding a new approach saves energies...Good LUCK and as always have a GREAT build!!!                            Pete

Gil

I like the Rangemaster very much. Try to get the original OC44 for authentic results.

nightingale

welcome~
in my opinion, i think that the mosfet boost from www.muzique.com is the most transparent boost. i also think the LPB-1 is pretty transparent.

if you have the access, and lute... check out a bread board. you can "try out" the circuit with out soldering, or even modify it...it eliminates the cold solder joint completely... i wish i would have had this advice when i began.
hope this helps,
ryanS
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

DESTRO

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS NOW LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!! :twisted:

Jered

I agree with the mosfet booster without a doubt, Jack designed it for just this purpose, extra db's without coloration.  IMHO LPB's and Rangemaster's definetely color the tone, minibooster too but in a very rich, musical way, using J201's.
 Good luck with your build.  Jered