Transistor Identification

Started by Torchy, June 17, 2004, 08:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torchy

Marked "GR 1425 ITT"

Just acquired a batch of 200 of these transistors. Using a dmm and trying the usual to92 orientations I think Ive sussed the pin-outs. I get hfe from 442 (lowest) to 1201 (highest)  :shock: .

I tried ALL the datasheet archive sites I know, google, mamma etc but cant find specs for them. Has anyone seen these transistors before, or got any details on them ???

smoguzbenjamin

An Hfe of 1201 :| wow.............. That sounds way cool! :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Torchy

Thats why I want a data sheet, coz the range is excessive (that 1201 is suspect for a start - tested half of them now, and mostly around 600 - 900). I know (for example) BC549s are gain grouped but they have an A,B or C suffix. These have nothing but GR1425.

Oh, and the tarnish on the leads makes em look really old  8)

smoguzbenjamin

And google gave you nothing? Wierd. You know the electronics shop I frequent has a really huge book with zillions of transistor specs in it. Maybe I can ask about it and see what they say 8)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

phillip

I think it might be a 2SK1425 MOSFET, since "GR" is usually an abbreviation associated with either JFETS or MOSFETS, such as the 2SK30A-GR that Boss and Ibanez use in their JFET switching circuit.

http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/datasheet/2/2SK1425.shtml

There is a 2SC1425 NPN transistor, but it has a very low gain...around 15!

Phillip