Finished an UNO

Started by Bill Bergman, June 18, 2004, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Bergman

But the bass pot has no effect. Any idea's? I've checked the wiring.

Gary

Connect the Bass pot's Lug 1 to Mid pot's Lug 3/2.  Sorry about omitting this!  It's a standard Fender tone stack, if that helps.

Bill Bergman

Night and Day.... Thanks Gary.... that certainly made a difference!

Lonestarjohnny

Bill, Can ya get a Little Carlos out that O'l Rig now ?
JD

Paul Marossy

Hey, Bill is back!  8)

Bill Bergman

JD,
unfortunately I don't know any Carlos formerly. Every time I try to play any Santana by ear, it turns into an Allman Bros. song. Actually my playing sucks pretty bad.

Paul,
I guess I'll never be able to quit. I got to much surplus.

Paul Marossy

Bill,

Yeah, I know what you mean. Someone gave me a whole bunch of electronic components about a year ago, and I still haven't used up all that stuff yet. Now I have amp parts lying around... don't ask!   :lol:

Bill Bergman

I was able to make a weak attempt at small part of "Black Magic Woman" and it did have a similar tone. It could use a touch more treble I think. May just be my set up or my loss of highs in my hearing range.

Lonestarjohnny

Bill, What guitar you playing and what amp setup, I've built 2 Uno's already and Mine are very EQ'able, I play a Strat and Paul, so far both have good EQ through these pedal's, And Don't go pokin no fun at me Bill, but I've been playin these through a PV Classic, 50 watt 2X12 Combo, and it just rip's the paper off the wall, I hav'nt tried them through a total tube amp, I been liken it to much this way. plus if I gig it I would much rather loose the O'l PV than a tweed or a B/F, I've been getting some super good sound out of these circuit's from RunOffGroove,
Bill, nuttin wrong with soundin like MR Betts, I just wished I did too !       :D  :D  8)
JD
PS, Is it HOT over there in Houston ?  :lol:  :lol:

RDV

I traded a Classic 50 Head(& about $500.00) for my Marshall head back in 95'. I wish I had kept it. Not cause I don't like the Marshall, but cause they'da sounded good together through my stereo 412. I wanted something that sounded heavier, but those Classics rock in their own way.

RDV

B Tremblay

The perf layout has been corrected.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

http://runoffgroove.com/uno.html
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Bill Bergman

Now that I fixed the missing wire it sounds great! Thanks again ROG.

JD, yes it's hot in Houston!!! I've played it with a Parker Fly, and a cheapy Steinbeger. Haven't tried on my Strat. I also need to try it through my Bluess Jr. but everyone is asleep now so I'll have to try it later.

Lonestarjohnny

it should sound good, with that setup. I'm taken the Professor Tweed and my PV to a Blue's Jam this afternoon in S.A., I'm lookin forward to see if it'll hack it with a bunch of deaf O'l Farts that have had " 1 2 many," LOL !My ear's are ringing already !
JD

RDV

Hey! You guys know anybody from this "Deepinahearta" Texas I'm always hearing about?  :wink:  :wink:

RDV

Bucksears

>>but I've been playin these through a PV Classic, 50 watt 2X12 Combo, I hav'nt tried them through a total tube amp

So.....is the Peavey Classic series not 'total tube amps'? They're on my short list of amps I'm eyeing to be my next one and have heard really great things about them. Do they use a SS rectifier? (and that's why they're not 100% tube?)

Lonestarjohnny

Buck,  Lynyrd skynyrd had no problem's selling thier music back in my day and I saw them live 2 time's, both times the stage was packed with Deuce's and the Mace, a lot of people poke fun at you for likeing them, but dollar for dollar the PV and crate amps, from good O'l St. Louis Music or a lotta bang for the dollar !
the reason i have leaned towards the PV is back in those day's they were heavey into the Jfet pre and tubed power section, what I like about Jfet circuit's is the fact it scrub's the tone clean, makes each string stick out of the mix and is sorta hard to hide sloppy guitar playing like when you hide behind a O/D pedal, I've let a few friend's play the rig I'm useing now, Classic 50, O'l black Tolex 2X12 combo and with a RunOffGoove Jfet Emulater in front of it they all say " Whoa " what a tone, and I only paid a few buck's for the amp at the Flea Market.
and I don't think the Tone would be any better out of any of my other amp's.
JD
They do have a S/S rectifier, but if you were to want a tube rec. it would be easy to add a filiment Tranny and wire 1 in.

smoguzbenjamin

A few bucks eh? I wish stuff like that popped up here! But yeah, the soundclips of the ROG emulators sound absolutely great :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

RDV

I just realized that JD is refering to the old Peavey Classic series that had a SS front-end with a dual 6L6 power amp. Hartley got that idea from the Music Man amps. The amp I was talking about was the tweed late model Classic 50 which is a 100% tube amp(save for the rectifier).

RDV

Lonestarjohnny

Ricky Don, I know somethin you don't, you young Whipper Snapper, Hartley got it by buying out Earth Amp's, they were the first to do this. I think, I might be wrong, if I am, thated make me an O'l whipper Snapper, Would'nt it ?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I like that FATBOY LOGO, Look's like it's built to last,
JD

RDV

I love being called a young whippersnapper(I'm 40)! You're almost certainly right about the Earth amps thing.

When I was a boy growing up in L.A.(lower Arkansas), you had 2 choices at the local music store; Fender, & Peavey. By this time(CBS era Fender),  prices for Fender stuff had gone through the roof. A strat in 1979 was just as expensive then as it is now. I don't have to tell you that $800.00 was a lot of money then! Peavey was good tough, roadworthy stuff, and MUCH cheaper than the Fender stuff at the time.

I am that Fatboy!

RDV

P.S. - Remember the Arkansas/Texas football rivalry, things ain't been the same since we went to the SEC. WWHHHOOOOO PIG!! SOOEEE!!