Finished an UNO

Started by Bill Bergman, June 18, 2004, 08:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonestarjohnny

I know you right bout that one, THEM Was some MEAN  :twisted: O'l PIGS now, you can ask any Texan that saw that Game and they be glad to vouch for ya,  :lol:
I'm headed for town, Bill you just well bring that Uno and Delux on over to San Antonio tonight and wear it out, got a good Blues Jam there tonight.
JD

Bill Bergman

travissk

I'm using a Peavey Classic 50 4x10 combo right now (well, right now it's in storage until I go back to school next year), and they're a great deal for the price. At first I was looking at Marshalls, and I'll probably go for a better amp in a couple years, but a friend of a friend was selling this one for a great price, and this way I'm a little less worried about theft/random damage/etc.

It is all tube as RDV has said; IMO it gets a little cleaner than Marshalls do (almost but not quite to sterotypical 'Fender cleans' level), and while the distortion isn't the best, it's pretty versatile and the lead channel can sound very nice.

Great workhorse amp, not perfect but does a lot of things very well for a good price. Mine's the 'punchier' 4x10, so I can't comment on how deep these can sound with a 2x12, but depending on how much volume you need, also consider the Classic 30. I'm in a dorm environment, so I rarely get to crank it, but even when you're playing with drummer/bassist you can't max it  :twisted:

Edit: This past year was extremely busy, so I didn't get any time to build some of the RoG amp sims. As such I don't know how they go with the Classic 50, but in general the amp likes pedals, so I'm excited to build a few of the amp emulations in the fall :)