Pics of my new guitar!

Started by smoguzbenjamin, June 20, 2004, 01:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoguzbenjamin

I promised this ages ago but I've now opened a photobucket account and here it is! It plays like a charm and has the warmest tone ever heard from a single-coil pickup!

:mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Lonestarjohnny

Wow Ben, She's a Beaut  8)  8)  8) , My O'l Axe has the same P/U's, I like have'in that Bucker in the Bridge, good for pinched Harmonic's and gettin some good bite when your playin lead's down in the open  position.
How brite is that Maple Fret Board ?, My 70 Strat has the maple board  but it's not to brite, probably due to the Swamp Ash body.
Have Fun,
JD

smoguzbenjamin

Thanks :D The fretboard is pretty bright 8) I can't really say but it's one of the brightest 'boards I've ever seen. Plays great, and the 24 frets are real good for playing those fast bluesy licks up the fretboard 8)

Paul Marossy

Who is the manufacturer? I seem to remember seeing that headstock somewhere before, but I can't place it...

smoguzbenjamin

It's made by Vantage (model 118t if you're interested). Manufactured in the mid-90's in Korea.

Peter Snowberg

Congrats Ben! :D

I have a strat knock-off from Yamaha with the same tobacco sunburst except I've got rosewood for a fretboard. :D

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

smoguzbenjamin

Aharon

I always liked Vantages,the look and feel well made.
Aharon
Aharon

zeta55

What's those pickups?
Curious....
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

smoguzbenjamin

One Vantage Humbucker and two similar Single Coils. But the single coils in parallel sound heavenly 8)

u1061810

Nice axe Ben!

aron

Very cool! The headstock has a kind of Ibanez vibe to it.

Lonestarjohnny

Hey Ben, here's a couple pic's of a few a my ol Guitars, these are from the 70's, 1 is a Teisco T10 that has been upgraded a lot since I first bought this, it has a Buzz Fieton tuning, new Medium Jumbo Fret's and potted,rewound pickup's, it's Surf's up with thia one, got a great tone and believe it not, got a Great sonding vibrato bar, no E.V.H. but more like Duane Eddie, http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Lonrstarjohnny/IMG_0136.jpg
2 is a pic of Marcia Ball playing my 1970 Strat I bought new from Sam Ash Mail order. I've wore it out twice.       http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Lonrstarjohnny/IMG_0204.jpg  
JD

smoguzbenjamin

I can't see the second pic for some reason. IE6 can't find it  :?  But I like the look of the first guitar 8) That looks pretty cool 8) I like that red sparkly fretboard, I'd like to see a guitar that's completely like that :mrgreen:

Lonestarjohnny

smoguzbenjamin

That's a cool looking axe! I like the wood finish. A buddy of mine has guitar that belonged to his now deceased halfbrother. It's a Lado custom and it also has that wood finish look - absolutely beautiful 8)

I also like that heart-shaped tele in the back :mrgreen: Neat. I need to have more guitars, lol :lol:

Lonestarjohnny

Ben, that's a friend of mine, Butch Morgan, Great guitar player, can play a lot of different Style's, I thought you would get a kick out of his 64 Tele,
Teardrops were also popular back in those day's for the Tele and the P-Bass, G. Lee in Rush use to play one, he did that when the guitar was new , who woulda known now if it were original it would bring 2 or 3 k,

JD

smoguzbenjamin