Snarling problem

Started by sovtek50, June 22, 2004, 10:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sovtek50

I own a Snarling Dogs Blue Doo, which is warm of the warmest sounding ODs I've ever heard. I wonder why they aren't talked about more often round here. Maybe it's coz they're not too reliable, mine is broken, too.
Problem is, it always sounds as if the battery's low, even with a fresh one. Has anybody had this problem, too, maybe  with another OD box? I wanted to replace the ICs, but of course the prints have been scratched off. Does somebody know s.th.?
Thanxalot
A circuit a day keeps the therapist away.

gez

Quote from: sovtek50I wanted to replace the ICs, but of course the prints have been scratched off. Does somebody know s.th.?

How many ICs, how many pins to each IC and which pins connect to the power supply?  This will help narrow down the list.  :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

bobbletrox

Those Snarling Dogs pedals use hex inverters to my recollection...so if it's got 16 pins, it'll be a 4049.

The Blue Doo has a passive tone control apparently, so maybe it's a Tube Sound Fuzz with a tone control.

jimbob

I have the black dog and have had the same similar problem. This is nOt my favorite pedal. Sounded decent w my ss marshal but like crap w my tube peavey XXX. IMO anyway.
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Hal

how many stages of the inverter does it use ?

I wonder if its similar to the way huge distortion we just saw....

you should mod it to those specs, if so :-D

gez

Quote from: sovtek50Problem is, it always sounds as if the battery's low, even with a fresh one

Can you elaborate on this?  Does it have the option to run on mains and if so does it sound any better when doing so?
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter