I call it Twang Banger but I need some help

Started by jneely, June 23, 2004, 12:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puretube

when all is balanced out, you should hear vibrato, when twisting the pot fast....

jneely

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v255/JNEELY/twangbanger3.jpg

Hi guys .

I removed the 1uf and it stopped working all together. I already had the balanced s/d and that really didn't sound any different.

How do I blend dry signal. I fed input to ouput with a small resistor and it squealed like a pig.

I should mention that since I placed the .1uf caps on it no longer drops or loads when it's driven by my other pedals.

Jeff

jneely

I do hear the point where the circuit rolls over from bass to treble currently.

gez

Quote from: jneelyHow do I blend dry signal. I fed input to ouput with a small resistor and it squealed like a pig

With most phasers it's usually done by mixing the output of an input buffer with the output of the phase-shift stages.  Usually done passively, a resistor from each output (usually equal value) combine and the junction is fed to an output cap (pulldown resistor on output).

Personally, I prefer an active mixer (op-amp, though you could use a discrete version).

Look at some phaser schematics and you'll get the idea.

The squealing pig effect was probably due to you adding gain in the second stage (and perhaps how you did the mixing?)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter