News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

TL072 uses

Started by black mariah, June 24, 2004, 05:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black mariah

I have a handful of TL072's here and I'm looking for something to build with them. I'm definitely building a New Clipper next, but what else uses TL072's or what else can a TL072 be used in? I'm not looking for anything in particular, just whatever I can build to get rid of some of these extra parts. Thanks for any pointers. :D

mikeb

TL072s are dual opamps, so pretty much any circuit that uses a dual opamp will work with one. One exception that comes to mind is the MutronIII and original Dr Q, both of which require a 1458/4558 in the envelope detection section (thought with the MutronIII you *can* use TL072s in the audio sections with no problems). There are piles of circuits that use dual opamps, and may freely available layouts for them ... the tube screamer and Marshall Blues Breaker (MkI)  and ..... etc etc etc.

Mike

David

A Flatline compressor is always a good choice...

black mariah

Alright, cool. I'm still pretty new to all this, so I'm not sure what parts you can substitute wholesale. I know transistors and diodes are largely a 'change to taste' thing, but wasn't sure about opamps since I'm totally unfamiliar with how they actually work.  :oops: Thanks for the info. I'll look around for some more dual opamp circuits.  :D

dubs

Ummm... a hotcake!! :wink:  :shock:

Danny G