Recommend me a good easy noise making build

Started by talking_goat, June 28, 2004, 10:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talking_goat

Hi

I'd really like to build a weird pedal, sort of an octave, synth, fuzz thing. I already have a blue box so maybe something a little different to that. Any recommendations on something that is fairly easy to put together?
Thanks

Michael Allen

Might try the John Hollis Crash Sync....similar to the Blue Box.

Also some of Tim Escobedo's works might suit you well

black mariah

Build a Bazz Fuss and socket the transistor and diode. Try as many weird combinations as you can find. There's some strange background overtones to be had in those five little components.

bwanasonic

I have yet to build one myself, but Tim Escobedo's Ugly Face seems to be one of the best part count to  wacky noise ratios around.

Kerry M

maximee

not a fuzz or octaver pedal, but be sure to have a look at the "total sound annihilation"...
if you throw your exisitng pedals into the FX loop you should come up with some quite unique sounds.

mirza

Quote from: black mariahBuild a Bazz Fuss...
is there schematic for this....with PCB maybe?
it's working!

black mariah

Quote from: mirzais there schematic for this....with PCB maybe?

Check at http://www.home-wrecker.com It's the sister site, so to speak, of runoffgroove.com. It's literally five on-board components, but it will make a godawful racket if you use the right ones. ;) A 2N5088 transistor along with a red LED gave me a seriously whacked out low end overtone behind the fuzz. :twisted:

Zero the hero

strungout

I'd go with the ugly face too, does all the things your asking for and more.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

lightningfingers

My vote goes is for the uglyface :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
U N D E F I N E D

moosapotamus

Combine a Rebote Delay with an Uglyface, and add a second envelope control (like the one for the Uglyface) and tie it to the Rebote's delay time control. 8)

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

EdJ

My vote goes to the Uglyface too.I believe there`s a perfboard worked out at runoffgroove.
A bit more complex is Joe Gagan`s Skyripper but it is a fantastic device.
A few weeks ago i was asked if i could do some guitarplaying early in the morning in our street.I said no,but i can do some skyripping.They agreed so between 8 and 9 A.M.(!)i drove the people completely mad with all the weird sounds.AX84 Renegade completely open.The rest of the weekend i had a strange buzz in my ears : :oops:
Ed

Elektrojänis

I love my scrambler clone... Especially when running it into another distortion/overdrive or an overdriven amp.

My scrambler is bit modified though, but the standard one is freaky too. :)

Its not the easiest build though.  :(

Hal

green rigner?

I wanna build one of those :-D

sir_modulus

Three ideas:

Oberhiem + fuzz face (the first of the two is harder to build)
(Craziness (random) + Fuzz)

Green Ringer + Any Delay +  fuzz face + LofoMofo (Octave + Delay + Fuzz + something that coverts guitar into low quality signals = CRAZY)

And my personal Favourite, An all Tim aproach:
UglyFace + Jawari + Thing modulator +octup + LofoMofo

Add your bluebox to any of these and you got psycho effects.