Suggestions for Wah pedal knobs

Started by Joe Hart, June 30, 2004, 04:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Hart

What would be a good knob or two for a Wah? I think that a 6 position pot for the "cap thingy" is cool, and a pot for that "inductor resistor guy" may be a good idea. Anyone have any suggestions? What cap values would be good to use? Thanks!!!
-Joe Hart

zener

In my wah build, I used .0068uf, .0082uf, .01uf, .022uf, .033uf and .047uf. The lowest cap is a bit too much trebly in a clean wah but if I put a distortion in front of it, it seems that I can get more sweep out of a lower value than the .0068uf. Just experiment and look for what suits you taste.

Is the resistor your talking the one the parallels the inductor? They call it the Q control. Just put a 100k variable resistor pot in series with the original 33k there. In my build, I hook it just as a trimpot as per tonepad's layout.
Oh yeah!

maximee

zener:
does adding a 100k pot in series with the 33k resitor make THAT much of a difference tonewise? i mean, is there a strong difference between the "wah" at 33k and the "woh" at 133k?

i hooked up a 100k trim as described and it was VERY hard to hear any difference at all...i even found that taking out the 33k resistor and leaving the connection unjumpered doesnt make much of a difference...  :shock: