i need help ..

Started by Eddie V, July 02, 2004, 01:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie V

Hello.
        I resently was playing around with a boss pedel  and excidentally broke off two of the knobs(Level and Drive), now it doesnt work. i was wondering if it is possible to make the circuit work with out replaceing the pots?

travissk

Sure... so long as you can live with one setting, you can just connect a resistor across the two wires going to the pot. Different resistors will act as different settings on the knobs, so experiment to find your setting.

As far as allowing the settings to be controlled, you will need to replace the pots, unless you broke them in such a way that they can be modified to work. For example, if something landed on the pedal and somehow broke the connections inside, you just need to reattach them. If the knobs fell off and maybe bent the shaft, no worries either. If, however, the pots stopped working or the inside resistive material was really damaged, they could be beyond repair.

A little more info on how they broke might help provide the ideal solution. Other than that, good luck!

Eddie V

Thank you very much , but what if there are three wires going to the pot not two? Can i put a resistor in between the middle wire and one of the outer ones?

nero1985

u should look for the schematics of ur pedal and then find out if the outter is going to ground or if its a variable resistor