changes

both are marshall type distortions. which one do you like best
CHANGES

Lonestarjohnny

Both, if you don't got, ? "GET "
:lol:
JD

marrstians

i've only built the bsianII but i like it... just used it tonight on my new record.... can get a nice gainy sound...

Lonestarjohnny

What amp you playin it through Marrstians, I should have My 65 Super Reverb ready to try it through by maybe tomorrow.
JD

marrstians

an ampeg 100watt super rocket... posibly the cleanest amp i've ever used in my life so i can usually tell if a pedal sounds good on its own merit, and it does...

Alpha579

Marrstians, do u like the overdrive on your ampeg as you crank it up? Because ive got a Ampeg J-12t Jet, and its got the best clean tone ive heard, and the overdrives nice, but it can get a little fizzy...whats you veiw on yours?
Alex Fiddes

marrstians

i actually hate the overdrive channel in my amp... it's so compressed even on low settings and it's real muffled... you have to completely change all the eq's on the amp to make the second channel sound decent...  and if you're trying to use a footswitch to go to clean it will sound like S... so i guess you could say i don't really prefer the overdrive in it, i usually use pedals to slam the input to break up... so you either have to decide on clean or distortion and not change between the two.. i've thought of modding the gain channel but i think i'll wait untill my warranty runs out... :wink:

Ed G.

Quote from: JDWhat amp you playin it through Marrstians, I should have My 65 Super Reverb ready to try it through by maybe tomorrow.
JD

You should like it through the SR, that's exactly what I have! Great amp, but sometimes hard to find a good distortion that works with it, but the BSIAB does (it should, that's how I tweaked it)

Lonestarjohnny

I'm workin on it Ed, I found a bad pre/amp tube that was knocking my voltage Down, Shorted, replaced I got 460 0n the B +, voltages look good down the board and I'm ballanced out within 2 V. on both leg's of the phase inverter, runnin a GZ 34 rectifier, got "a beaut of a set" 7581  Sylvania Doublegetter's for power tube's,then Mullard, Telefunkin and amperex Pre/amp tube's. Tested it sound's, Yeah, Really Good, This is a keeper !, even if she did do a little deep sea diving off the coast close to Amsterdam. LOL ! Still gotta make 1 more reverb cable up and test it, then I'll button her up and test drive it with a few pedal's.
JD

Ed G.

Heh, my super has a bit of a history too, although not like yours. The old guy who had it before me bought it from someone else, so who knows who did it, but someone changed out the 4x10's for a single 12" speaker. The baffle board was changed for this, but luckily he retained the original baffle. The output tranny was changed to an 8 ohm one. I put in 4 Weber VST P10R's (alnico) and a Pacific output transformer. I then changed out the filter caps. It sounded good but farty at high volumes. I changed out some of the big brown .1 bass caps with orange drops (too harsh) then Mallory 150's (just right) and the fartiness went away, I could play louder with more bass.
There's something about a blackface super, I think once you get it sounding right, you'll keep it for life.

Lonestarjohnny

OhBoy Ed !  :shock:  I'm gonn say this, I do believe you tweaked the BSIAB ll for a Super, I love your Pedal, I just tried it with a tad of reverb and a short delay on my Echoplex and I got just the Tone I been Searchin for in a O/D pedal, Thank you very much and the rest of the Gang that helped on this one.   :D  I'll be useing this one everytime I take the Super out, And I gotta Brag on my amp just a tad, I did'nt get pictures of it when she was layin in a rotted pile in the dirt. but there was'nt much to look at, most people would have sent it to the Dump, but not me, I'm so proud of how it turned out I gotta go do a O/T thread and post some pic's. :lol:
Thank's again Ed,
JD