Here's some old school schems....

Started by casey, July 07, 2004, 12:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

Quote from: puretubeit`s pure amplitude (volume) modulation - not pitch variation - should be named "tremolo" ...

Ahh...kinda like how Fender's called the vibrato bridge on the Stratocaster a "tremolo."  I still don't know why I couldn't get that Twin Reverb to do any sort of modulation when plugged into its vibrato channel.

A tube tremolo is pretty cool too.  In my style of playing I haven't found a good use for vibrato, but I do use a tremolo sometimes.  I've tried the EA, the Pulsar, and the Tremulus Lune.  The Tremulus Lune beats the others, hands down :)  You can get square wave, sine wave, and with two diodes and a 3-way toggle switch, you can get ramp up and ramp down.  Hard to beat that!

Phillip

puretube

yes, casey - I wouldn`t want to drag a different circuit into your thread...

puretube

phillip: the new Pulsar has variable slope: from ramp-up through triangle to ramp-down (besides the pulsewidth-variable square);
its rate goes from 0.2Hz to 40Hz...

casey

Quote from: puretubeyes, casey - I wouldn`t want to drag a different circuit into your thread...

if you have any circuits you would like to add to the mix....
i am looking for different - odd circuits that are not commonly
found for a new website......  this photoalbum is the beginnings
of a collection to do just that.....

by the way....

i've got a new leslie/tremelo effect in there now everyone...
Casey Campbell

Marcos - Munky

Thanks a lot for the schematics, they really looks great.

Lonestarjohnny

Phillip. there's a pedal that hooks up to a couple of rca jacks in the back, if the pedal is plugged in, you can turn the reverb and tremelo on or off, if the pedal is not hooked the reverb will work, but the tremelo is wired off,
it's like that on all stock S/F-B/F Fender amps, unless it's modified,
JD

phillip

Quote from: JDPhillip. there's a pedal that hooks up to a couple of rca jacks in the back, if the pedal is plugged in, you can turn the reverb and tremelo on or off, if the pedal is not hooked the reverb will work, but the tremelo is wired off,
it's like that on all stock S/F-B/F Fender amps, unless it's modified,
JD

D'oh!  No wonder it didn't work.  I was messing around with it in the guitar store where I used to work before I moved, but I didn't take the foot switch out of the little bag and plug it in.

Phillip

D Wagner

The guitar bass boost was designed by a S. Daniels.  Could this be Steve Daniels of Small Bear Electronics fame?  (Not to mention the author of many electronics articles and projects.)

casey

could be....this is a very old schem....

that would be ultra-cool.  8)
Casey Campbell