Question about Small Bear Elec

Started by Dylan, July 09, 2004, 04:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan

Can they source components from American based places and send them to the UK? I need a 3P4T rotary switch from Mouser for a Great Cheddar. It's stupid because the switch manufacturer is UK based but doesn't seem to sell that particular switch in the UK (CK2456).

aron

Steve can pretty much do anything I believe. Ask him!  :)

Dylan

Ok, I was a bit apprehensive about emailing him because I heard he was snowed in with orders and answering questions like that would probably be the last thing on his mind. I'll send him something later.

Bent Penguin

He's about to go away for two weeks so send that question now unless you can wait till August.

Mike Nichting

Steve would be happy to answer questions for you. He is a great guy and carries quality components.
Don't be afraid to email him he will get back to you as soon as he can. I have never had to wait for a response when asking about his stock or an order.

Small bear rocks~!!

Mike N.
NUKLHED
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

SoundTech

Mouser does ship internationally.
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

puretube

Maplin UK got that switch with solder-lugs instead of PCB-mount pins...

you could cut off the outer end of the lugs, drill the PCB-holes just a little wider, and flip it in - the footprint of both switch-versions are the same...

TheBigMan

Maplin order code FF75S, £1.29.  You can panel mount it and run wires to the pads if you prefer to.

gez

ESR do 3P4T rotary switches at £0.84

Don't know it they're the exact ones you're after, but they're a UK firm and I'd wager that lovetone gets all/most of it's stuff within the UK...has to come from somewhere (not Maplin).

Rapid do them too (and cheaper)

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=&STK_PROD_CODE=M30305&XPAGENO=1

http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/rkmain.asp?PAGEID=80010&CTL_CAT_CODE=&STK_PROD_CODE=M30304&XPAGENO=1

www.esr.co.uk
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter