NEED everyone's HELP NOSMULLARD TUBES(for $2) and 300b's $20

Started by sir_modulus, July 12, 2004, 08:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_modulus

Holy Crap you guys. I'm in New Delhi india and found a store that sells many vaccum tubes for ultra cheap. I can get NOS mullard 6V6's (which I bought four of) for only $2. Could you guys please tell me the best tubes I can buy (they are sold by size, so a 6V6 G (5U4G size) is RS 200 ($5) and small 6V6's are like $2. Thnx

lightningfingers

All the NOS valves you can get your sticky little paws on :D

Seriously if its as cheap as you say it is it sounds like too good an opportunity to miss out on.
U N D E F I N E D

Michael P.

Any EL-84s there? Vox guys'll give you their life savings for them. Rectifiers too.

Lonestarjohnny

GZ 34, 6AC7/EL34/EL84/KT66/KT88/Ecc81/Ecc82/Ecc83/6V6/6L6/6550/6sn7/6SL7/6SK7/
Just to name a few.
JD

Ballz

Now that you got the tube types: cool manufacturers/brands to look for are:

Telefunken, Mullard, Raytheon, Brimar, Miniwatt (Philips), RCA, General Electric (GE) and many more.

Good luck shopping - have fun! And PLS don´t forget the EF86 types!

/Richard

Paul Marossy

You lucky son of biscuit, you!!  :wink:
That's an awesome deal, dude.

toneman

anyway 2 test them B4 U leave???

if it seem 2 good 2 B true.........

skepticonboard
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Lonestarjohnny

I'll I got to Say is Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo, LOL !,
If you feel sorry for me, and I can Cry some more and get down on me Knee's and Beg for them, just a Quad of matched Kt 66's, My Kingdom for a Quad of matched KT 66's,   :lol:  :cry: :lol:
JD

aron

sir_modulus

Thanks for the input. Will look (know there are some Mullard's and Miniwatts. As to tube testing, i'm poting another topic soon. I'll sell the NOS MULLARD 6V6's for $15 Canadian each. If someone is in desperate need of tubes, I can get one 6V6 size tube per 6V6GT they can trade me.

P.S. no El84's (but I'm looking for equivilents, subs) and no 6L6's at this shop. There are many others. (I'm going to spend $50 in total).

Dave Z

lucky dog! Look for 12AT7s too..the "AT7s" they sell these days are bogus - failed AX7s and they do not work right (like in reverb recov circuits)...no one makes AU7s.

Also folks go mad for mullard 12AX7s.

6V6 != 6V6GT, which is what most Fenders use. GTs will be the most useful.

Real 5Y3s are good to get - the ones from Russia are bogus, they rectify more like 5U4s!

puretube

blandman74

Hey I'm interested in those 300b tubes for $20, so long as you're confident they work ...