what is a good way to dispose of PCB developer????

Started by Brian Marshall, July 12, 2004, 10:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chokeyou

hehe, those septic tanks metal? sounds like a shitty situation no matter how well you dillute it  :lol:

Brian Marshall

i think they are usually concrete and plastic

the stuff is diluted down to like 2% as used.... another galon of water, and it is more like .1% or less.  it is used in drain cleaner in much higher concentration.

Nasse

Quoteit should break down rather quickly.... but break down in to what???? that's what id like to know....

:D Happy to hear people like to KNOW what happens... And I believe that is the only way that works in long term

I happen to live in lucky place, we have lots of fresh water in most places  (but how long?) so we can afford to flush the toilet with very high quality drinking water. A town some way down the river (which was polluted) took the water to their people from the river, so we used to joke "flush the toilet more often so they get more fresh water". Nowadays there is a long pipe conducting fresh water to them too, and the river is clean enough so you can swim in it and eat the fish. There is still dangerous chemicals like PCB and quicksilver in the sediments of the bottom of the river in some places. Some morons want to build a canal to the river, so they can travel with their motorboats to the big lakes like Päijänne and Saimaa, and flush the poisons to the Gulf of Finland. Luckily politicians have freezed the project.

But now back to the soldering iron.
  • SUPPORTER