3 Legged Dog + CMOS questions

Started by Michael Allen, July 13, 2004, 02:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Allen

Ok. I solved the squeal problem. It was an unplugged cable in my second amp input that was creating squeal.

Here's the layout and a pic of the inside. Tell me what you think!

Layout
http://www.freewebs.com/loudnoise/3legdoglay.gif

Here's the inside:
http://www.freewebs.com/loudnoise/3legdog.gif

puretube

gez

Cool link PT!  One or two of those circuits I hadn't come across before.

October 2002 edition of Everday Practical Electronics had a nice article on inverter oscillators (very cool!).  Part one of the article was in the June edition (more basic, but still good).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

puretube

Nasse

:) I´ll see what I can do to put online two simple circuits in one old 70´s magazine I found (Baxandall tone control and sum/difference circuit+some tips). Maybe friday or saturday, I am going on a sea cruise, boat leaving soon.
  • SUPPORTER

Michael Allen

What do you guys think of the layout? Could that big ground spot cause problems?

puretube

puretube

gez

Quote from: puretubeHave reduced the current consumption on my 6-Legged-Wolf to 290µA...

Don't worry PT, I'm not asking for a schematic, I'm just curious.  Are you using a constant current source to get it that low, or running it at 3V? (no problem if you don't want to answer this).

Secondly (and I do expect an answer to this one!), how do you rate these circuits?  Are we going to see these little triangles appearing in a new EH design?!  :)
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

puretube

gez

Quote from: puretubeaka "resistor"; well not constant current, but very limiting...)

Ahh, one of those newfangled things!  Have you tried a zener diode? (plus RC filter afterwards to limit any noise this creates).  I used to use a 3V3 in series with a Si diode to get 5V.  Works like a charm (though you need to run a few stages for the zener to do what it says on the tin).

puretube

puretube

puretube

Marcos - Munky

There's any chance of the schematic be available, at least for knowledge issues?