News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Frankenpedal

Started by Delttorman, July 13, 2004, 07:53:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delttorman

Hey, I'm new here and would like to build a pedal.

I've been looking at a few schematics of pedals and I've frequented Tone Frenzy to hear what the end result might sound like.

The only thing is that I'm a bit tight on cash and would like to combine the 3 pedals  that would most suit my playing (the 'Interfax Harmonic Percolator', the 'Ampeg Scrambler' and the 'Bixonic Expandora'... all of which I have schematics for) into one compact box (to cut down on costs).

But I don't yet have the technical expertise to combine the positive characteristics of all 3 into a streamlined 'Frankenpedal' design. And I'd rather avoid making a whole heap of beginner pedals that might be good practice, but not what I'm looking for.

If I could be so bold as to ask if any one of you would be so kind as to possibly fit the brief for this 'Frankenpedal', out of the kindness of your hearts, I'd be very grateful.

petemoore

Gotta be sure they're the same 'blood type'.
 I like to test effects order individually first, some effects prefer to be with others, or not with certain others, in certain positions in the chain etc.
 I have not built any of these and have no Exp to tell you which would work well with the others, or in what order.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.