My first build!

Started by theaxeman, July 13, 2004, 10:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaxeman

Hi!

I finaly finished my first build, it is a Ge FF clone. I had a few problems (one of the trannys broke) but it works ok now, sounds realy warm and thick. It nails the Hendrix sound, even with my playing!  :D

Here are some pics:

Front:

Inside:

There was one point when there was no sound bypassed or effect, i realy crapped my selef! But then i remembered that the neck tone controll on my Strat was broke!  :)  What do you think of my build?

PS sorry about the pics my cammera isnt that good.

Rob

casey

wow, if that's your first build i cant wait to the next one.

Great Job!
Casey Campbell

theaxeman

Thanks! :D

I'll probably build a Rangemaster next!

Paul Marossy

Excellent dude!
Say, don't you live here in the same city as me, or was that someone else?

petemoore

Looks just great!!! and much better than my first build.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Michael P.

Looks great!  :D The Rangemaster was my first, the Ge FF was second. Follow up with a BMP or a BSIAB.

Lonestarjohnny

Nice build AxMan,
What Tranny's did you use ?
JD

theaxeman

Thanks JD!  :D

I got the Trannys from Small Bear, One is un-marked but the other is a 2N404A. After the RM i might make a Tone Bender MKII Pro (cos Jimmy Page used it, and he's my fave guitarist), or a Tychobrahe Octavia, cos it looks a bit cool and wierd!  :D

Thank you for all your help guys!  :D  :D  :D  :D

StephenGiles

It looks better than any of my builds! Well done old chap.
Stephen
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

el duderino

nice dude... nice :wink:
good job

eamonn.
you can keep my finger nails clean

Dave Z

Nice looking pedal..how do you do the lettering?

Sic

Peter Snowberg

Great job! 8) :D

Wow, for a 1st build that looks fantastic!!!! I can't wait to see your 10th. ;)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Alpha579

that looks stunning. For a first build, absolutely fantastic. I also am curious how you did the lettering
Alex Fiddes

zenpeace69

Wow, for a first build it looks awesome.  I have a problem with my builds.  I have Cramitinitis.  I always try and cram my circuits into the smallest enclosures I can find.  It usually means it doesn't look as neat as yours.  I may go for broke and build on in a 1590BB box sometime and go for the super-neat layout.  It will help my ego.   :oops:
I am noob...

MartyB

theaxeman

I did the lettering with the laser decal paper from small bear, it looked a bit faint and blotchy when i first aplied it, but after using the (auto) clearcoat it looked ok, is it possible that the solvents in the clear coat melted the decal slightly, and made it stick better? The paint is just auto spray (Ford metalic purple!).

PS. I have ordered the parts for my Range Master, Ill post some pics when its done.

Rob  :D  :D