Help from Univibe/Neovibe Builders

Started by phillip, July 13, 2004, 05:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillip

I had a couple of questions about the Neovibe project at GGG.

Should the 50K depth pot be linear or audio taper?  The parts list on the PDF file says audio, but the parts layout/wiring guide says linear.

Has anyone found a suitable bulb replacement from Mouser?  It would be nice to order the parts from one place, but if Mouser doesn't have one that will work, I can still order it from RS.

What is the smallest enclosure that you guys have gotten a Vibe to fit in?  I'd like to get it into a BB, but I don't know if that's possible...might not be deep enough.  I think that the Hammond C will work...the same width and length as the BB, but 2" deep.

TIA!
Phillip

Tychobrahe1979

Hello I recently just got mine working perfectly so I think I can answer your questions.
1. About the depth pot I put in what was on th eparts list and the depth seems to have the right feel with that pot.
2. As for the bulb I got mine from mouser. Unfortunately I don't have the part # but it doesn't have to be 12v/25ma. It could be a 12v/50ma
3. If you are getting your board from GGG it measures about 3 by 4 inches.

Now a couple quick fixes for problems everyone seems to have with it.
1. Wire the speed control according to the schematic not the parts layout. Otherwise your speed control will be more like an on/off.
2. The fastest speed the stock one produces is fairly slow so to double it roughly change R42 and R43(4.7k) to 2.4k.  If you are really crazy you could change C19 and C20(1uf) to .47uf to double the speed or even .22uf to quadruple the speed. I left mine with the stock 1uf caps because it was fast enough with the resistor changes for me.

Well I hope this helps you out. It is in my opinion a really cool clone project.

phillip

Thanks for the tips!  I'll definitely do the mod to help speed it up a little, although I think that most of the time I'd be using it at a Leslie cabinet-like speed.

I'll dig through the Mouser catalog again and check for incandescent bulbs.  Mouser should have something that would work.  I'll still have to order the 100K reverse audio taper dual pot from Small Bear so that the Speed control works the way it's supposed to.

Phillip