Led change on MT-2

Started by crywolf, July 14, 2004, 03:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crywolf

I've done the Indy mod on my MT-2. But also I wanted to change the check led to a super bright white. Somehow i can't find the resistor i have to change to 1K. The orange wire leads to a diode? Could someone help?

Thanks, Daniel

MartyMart

Hi, i dont have one and the LED is not on the schematic i have ! it could be like the BD2 though, there's a resister ( R38 ) and zener diode connected to the + or orange wire that leads to the LED.
Reducing the resistor value made no difference !.
on the BD2, you just remove the diode and put a jumper lead in instead "voila"  very bright LED, your battery will not last as long though !!
( thanks to Robert keeley for that tip!)
Just make sure its the same connection to the LED first, as i'm only guessing that its the same on your MT2.
Hope it helps?
Cheers, Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

crywolf

Marty,

Thank you. I took out the diode and put in a jumper, the led is now very bright.

Daniel

MartyMart

GREAT ! thats good to know, just found an MT2 on Ebay and i'm keen to mod it for more "HIFI" sound and less FIZZ !!
could you send me the mod details you have? that would be very kind.
Cheers,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

crywolf

Marty,
I send you a PM.
Daniel