Canadian suppliers

Started by marcipicus, July 14, 2004, 08:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcipicus

Is there a canadian equivalent to mouser. even if i can only get caps and resistors the information would be great.

The Tone God

marcipicus

Thanks but i was more interested in suppliers based in canada

Jim Jones

The only one that comes to mind is Electrosonic.  Their selection isn't great and most things are cheaper to order from Mouser even with the dollar diference and duty - Mouser has a far better selection as well.  You can check out their website at www.e-sonic.com but saying that the site is a pain in the ass to negotiate is an understatement.  If you decide to order make sure you call them on the phone to avoid website-induced Tourette's. :)

Jim

The Tone God

Did you try digkey.ca ? They already have the prices converted and brookerage fees included. They'll have 95% of what you need. Their shipping is excellent as in next day.

Electrosonic's site is a pain. Alot of the stock is not updated or have the right information not to mention all the crashes they have. I used to go in alot when I would pass by many years ago but now its really painful even when you visit in store. The shipping is still good. Next day as well. Hammond cases are a good price. They also have DPDT switches but the crappy ones. $8 I think.

Andrew

marcipicus

Are there any hidden charges you guys have encountered when ordering from small bear?

Mark Hammer

I get most of my stuff from Supremetronic in Toronto.  They are a little hole-in-the-wall place but have almost everything I need at prices I like, from stompswitches, to FETs, to BBDs, to Japanese transistors, to transformers and wire, and cheap, cheap, cheap pots (70 cents Cdn) and copper board.  In fact, I think the only thing I can't get from them are Hammond boxes.  Though not set up for formal all-electronic ordering, they have a listing of semiconductors on-line and will do fax-based mail orders.  Just be aware that most of the guys working there are about 10 times more fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin than in English or French.

Addison in Montreal is also reasonably good for some things.  In contrast to Supremetronic, they DO have an on-line catalog, with prices listed.

cd