HOw to take knobs off Deluxe Memory Man?

Started by jimbob, July 14, 2004, 11:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

i cant seem to figure out how to take these things off..Any help??
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

nightingale

pull them straight off~
they are tough.. but after a couple times they go on/off alot easier..
hth,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

petemoore

Knob pullers?
 I've had to use a screwdriver, and pinch some thumb under the other side to get enough pressure to break tuff knobs loose, if there were such a device as to get all the way under, and pull up right next to the shaft...fewer knobs bottoms would get cracked as a result..
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

AHA !  two flat head screwdrivers wrapped a few times in electrical tape, so they dont scratch the paint/finish, that works a treat !
( or just use a very large lump hammer ! )
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

J Gagan

wrap a guitar polishing cloth underneath, twist it in to a little pullhandle. pull.
works!
I learned this from an oldtimer

jimbob

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

That's why I love this place, who would have thought I would have learned a new way to take bloody knobs off!!!!! after all these years. :lol: