ROG Supreaux as a pre-amp?

Started by Mann, July 15, 2004, 06:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mann

Would a ROG Supreaux work as a pre-amp with my Behringer GM110
plugged into the return input or is it meant to work as a stompbox?

zener

It will work either way :wink:
Oh yeah!

ildar

I'm planning to build several of the amp emulators from ROG. First up will be the English Channel, then the Supreaux, 18, and Thunderchief, not necessarily in that order. I'll be running them through my Boogie power amp, and hopefully, finally(!!), dispensing with the digital modelling crap.

petemoore

MMMM  Boogie !!  :D
 I like having the Power amp only thing. I find it's easier to voice the inputs on my ST70, than the MkII 50w Plexi.
 The ST 70 likes more of my effects than does the Marshall, tho they're different horses altogether. For a 'Day at the Races', [on stage with Hard Rock Band], the Marshall [revoiced input thank you] is just awesome, dude tried it with his band and was like WOW<...Basically it's hard to tune a distortion just right, but once you do it goes like gangbusters. It must be cranked a little.
  Just the clean Power Amp tho, is much more forgiving of 'what is input?'. Does a much mellow smooth clean, very fun to play and listen to. It can accomodate wider range of distortions, and doesn't need to be cranked, allowing more of an internal pre-amp voicing [stompbox] Cleans, ODs, Dist.'s to be used, which is very nice, very nice indeed.
 For guitar, I find just running seriesed boosters, +[a 12AX7's stages
8) ]with Fuzz compression...most of what I've built does at least a good job on the amp,
 I bet you love having that Boogie Power Amp around, you should be able to get excellent results with Stompboxes from it.
 I've wanted for a Tube Preamp for the ST ever since the Dyna Tube pre died, but the amp is what I play now most of the time, it's as smooth as silk, and very easy to love, it just sounds better when it's on!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.