RadioShack Engineer's Mini-Notebook series - Recommendation

Started by aaronkessman, July 15, 2004, 11:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronkessman

I picked up several of these at a yard sale recently, as well as a copy of their "Getting Started in Elecronics" book and i have to say that they're pretty good. Cheap and beginner-oriented. I recommend them to folks who'd like to learn how those 555 timer circuits work, etc. THey're easy to read and follow, have lots of cool tips, and lots of sample circuits. There's a whole bunch in the series. Possibly the best thing to ever come out of RS :)

theaxeman

Sounds prety interesting, does Radio Shack ship to the UK?

aaronkessman

Torchy

These used to be sold by Tandy in the UK .... may still do.

aron

Marcus Dahl

I don't have them all, but the ones I do have are pretty handy.... :D
Marcus Dahl

aron

I need to find the small books. I tied them all together using the "holes" in the books. There were some cool circuits in there.

ErikMiller

Apparently, when Radio Shack stopped selling his books, Forrest Mims (a national treasure, I think), obtained the rights to the books and has started publishing some of them himself.

The ones you've heard described here can be purchased from his website:

http://www.forrestmims.com/

I found my Engineer's Mini Notebook collections at Fry's, which surprised me. He's publishing multiple Mini Notebooks in each volume.

The most useful one I've found is Volume IV: Electronic Formulas, Symbols & Circuits.

Forrest's books cannot be beat for their density of useful information.

Marcus Dahl

Quote from: ErikMiller

The ones you've heard described here can be purchased from his website:

http://www.forrestmims.com/

Thanks for the link. I think it was dumb of Rat Shack to not carry his books anymore. They are great for quick reference, and I found them to be very educational. :cry:
Marcus Dahl

Hal

I also have to recomend the basic electronics book sold at radio shack.  Its the only book i used, in addition to what i read online.  And at only abour $5, its a great bargain.

Lonestarjohnny

Mr Mimm's the lll was like the Holy Grail when I was growing up, I have a bunch of his Mini Book's stored somewhere, and yes, there was a lot of cool info in the little book's,
JD