News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

"Crown prep"

Started by StephenGiles, July 15, 2004, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Had a crown prep down on one of my upper teeth this morning, after breaking a chunk off last week. I never felt a thing during the drilling, thanks I imagine to the anysthetic, but when it wore off - boy it hurt, and still does despite a %^&*tail of painkillers. Any other experiences of this?
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

YouAre

Had 4 teeth removed. My gums were thin so getting the shots hurt alot. Turns out i was allergic to the pain killers he gave me. My head itched so bad that i bled from the scratching. Then the openings in my mouth got infected, so i got a bad fever. Now my teeth look nice after i got them braces  :D

gez

Had the same thing happen to me last year.  Couldn't get it done on the NHS so had to pay a fortune to get it done privately.  Pillock of a temporary dentist (my normal one was busy having a kid) made the thing slightly too high and filed the thing down to the metal in two places so I now have two little areas which look like fillings!!!  I was not a happy bunny...still had to pay the full whack too...git no longer works there thankfully...end of rant sorry...
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

petemoore

The Pain felt fantastic, he offered more anesthetic..I said no, I want to feel this. K.KcKRUNCHHH...had three wisdoms pulled
 I had so much poisoning from the infection that had been brewing, It was a total relief to have them gone..bleeding stopped hours later and started again..
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

StephenGiles

Good - I'm not alone then!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

petemoore

Yupp, they told me keep pressure and change the sterile cotton wad, don't smoke.
 Positioning of the wad was critical in my case, and keeping the even pressure over a long time required focus, but that's the only thing that stopped the bleeding.
 Man I felt 10 worlds better, only the one was bothering me    ALOT    them teeth can literally drive you nuts and kill you.
 Went to the one office, they have a way of putting you off, by lieing about when you can get in, and letting you watch otherS go in front of you and confirm your suspicions about 'like when?'...saying "we'll only take Xrays today, can't do anything 'till next week".
 American Dental Centers at Sears to the rescue....within' 15 minutes, I was in the chair, not 1/2 hour had passed, and I was feeling pinches and had a nice East Indian fellow poking stuff in my mouth, ...less than an hour later, I was driving home, ...less three teeth, and 'plus' an Xray explanation of what's going on in my mouth...the last wisdom impacted long ago, was less than half size, and didn't look to be any troubles.
 As soon as I heard the K kKRAKX of that first nasty one, the relief was totally encapsulating :shock:  :!:  :idea:  :D ...I became giddy...pain is a funny thing...I associated such pleasure with having the pain of it's removal, it's percieved as a pleasant experience. The real pain of a bad tooth, draining your energy, causing persistant lack of mental focus, sleep deprivation, feverishness, even stomach problems and general body acheing, that's what real pain is...the concept that it's got you beat.
 Feeling pain while the tooth get cracked, crushed, and removed was an extremely exstatic, joyfull, and empowering experience!!! I told my friend "I feel as happy is I ever have...Thank You!"
 Pain is a teacher. One learns from experiencing it. I don't know exactly what the lesson from tooth pain is supposed to be...some kind of 'hand on the stove' after the fact tutoring I suspect.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.