Ahhhhh, sweet smell of solder and victory

Started by Yun, July 17, 2004, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yun

Hey guys; i uh accidently designed my own Fuzz box hahahaha.  

alright i lied; hours on end of breadboarding, ideas upon ideas, and i finally came up with a victory; which costed a maestro fuzz tone, and 15 bux.  Here's my 2 beloved:

The M1-A1 Buzz-Tone, and the M1-A2 Super-Buzz.  

Here's the guts:

i used:
-vintage caps (sprague)
-High gain silicon transistors
-silicon Diodes
-Pots from an old washing machine or something
-Switchcraft jacks
-Carbon comp resistors

i used the enclosure of a maestro Fuzz-Tone for my Super-Buzz Prototype.  

So; what do youse guys think eh?
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Sic

very DIY stylish, i like it!

Any sound clips? always good to get the meat AND potatoes.

Yun

Quote from: Sicvery DIY stylish, i like it!

Any sound clips? always good to get the meat AND potatoes.

Thanks, man.  Much obliged.  

i used to do recordings with cakewalk guitar tracks; but since we loaded windows XP; You can't use it, man.  

So how would one go about Recording eh?
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

Lonestarjohnny

Great lookin art work, sorta Van Goghish, and a nice build, i also have 1 of the old maestro fuzz'z, it's good for a tune or 2,
check out the way Ricky Don recorded his Heavy Metal Pedal thread, might give you some info on recording your pedal. 8)  8)  8)
JD

Yun

Thanks.  i'm actually an artist.  I'm actually embarrassed to show that pic, i thought it was aweful....

Lonestarjohnny

I can tell, I can barely write my name, when I draw my stuff look's like Stick People  :lol:
but my GrandDaughter think's it's the Cat'z Meow.
JD

Yun

Hahahaha, yeah my handwriting is terrible as well; which is wierd because i can paint forever- and all look exceptionally good- but i can't write a letter to save my life  :oops: .