Heavy Metal Pedal Sound Clips

Started by RDV, July 18, 2004, 02:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

The files were recorded direct to my computer's sound card through my RP-12 for the reverb, delay, and cab sim. It sounds better through an amp, & I didn't do much knob twisting, but I think the samples show a fair representation of what the pedal sounds like. Oh, and feel free to use some of my riffs if you'd like too. That crap flows out of me 24/7.

Sorry, Joes site went away along with the samples.

RDV

javacody

Hey RDV, tripod won't let anyone download your files, unless they are linked from a tripod page. Can you post a page on your site with the links to these files?

Doh, I guess I should read your whole post before I post.  :) Never mind.

javacody

Wow, great sounding pedal, where's the schem?

RDV

Quote from: javacodyWow, great sounding pedal, where's the schem?
Schematics 2

RDV

maximee

cool sound! thanks!!!  :wink:

Gringo

Nice clips, Rick, i'll have to add your beast to the long list... ;)

I could not make the pdf link to work, though.
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

MartyMart

GREAT JOB RDV !!! that sounds fantastic, one to add to the build list for sure.
I'll have my first real "from scratch" build done next month when i get some time off, and i'll post it up, hope you will approve of it ?
a nice raunchy OD with some great tweaks i hope !!
Regards, and thanks for many helpful answers/posts,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

Paul Marossy

I must say, that kicks A$$.  8)

RDV

Quote from: Gringo
I could not make the pdf link to work, though.
I got thrown out of Tripod. I violated their policies by posting the files here. :P

RDV

petemoore

Nice fat juicy Crunchez...sounds like a big HM setup, congratulations on your success ! ! !
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

strungout

Real nice man, pedal and clips. Wish I had nice licks like that :P I was wondering, do you need any special equipment to record directly thru your pc? or can you just "plug in" and record with something like creative wave center?
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

RDV

Quote from: strungoutReal nice man, pedal and clips. Wish I had nice licks like that :P I was wondering, do you need any special equipment to record directly thru your pc? or can you just "plug in" and record with something like creative wave center?
I used the recorder on Musicmatch Jukebox which is nothing special. I still had to be in mono(plugged into the microphone jack) as it won't support a line in recording. The sound recorder that came with Windows ME would have done the same job. Musicmatch just made it easier to manage the files. I ran the pedal into my Digitech RP-12 so it would have some reverb, delay, and cab simulation, but there is no other distortion except for the pedal. I had to sit with it all day to get the levels right and stuff, it's not terribly easy to dial in, but I'm pretty happy with the way it came out cause it's pretty damn close to how it would sound through my whole rig.

RDV

Lonestarjohnny

FaaaatBoy Effect's Rule !,
:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Bad A** soundin pedal Ricky, Luv the overtone's and pinched harmonic's it was given, plus ya got some good move's on the neck, I did'nt know E.V.H. lived in Memphis though ?  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Thank's for the great work, it's appreciated.
JD
PS {maybe that was Eddie Van Hawkins }  :shock:

RDV

Quote from: JDPS {maybe that was Eddie Van Hawkins }  :shock:
Dale Hawkins told me I play like Gatemouth Brown, imagine that.

RDV

Marcos - Munky

I liked the sound of it a lot. I just don't build it now because I have lots of effects in my list, but I will try to put it in a good place of the list.

Peter Snowberg

Very nice! 8) 8) 8) That sounds great. I really like the tones in clip #6 especially.

That sounds like a really "rich" signal as far as high harmonics go. I'll bet there's all sorts of amazing voices lurking in there if it gets run into a graphic EQ but the main voice does the name justice. :D

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Roland

Man that pedal is cool . I've been looking a while and ( experimenting) for a replacement for a boss hm2 that I gave to a friend who really liked it so much thru my nano head he wouldn't give it back. I think I have found a replacement.

I'll bet this pedal played thru a nano on the dark setting would be too much for the world to handle. I usually build my own stuff and am not easilly impressed with diy offerings. This one however is a knock out that is pretty darn impressive. If I hustle my butt I just may have it built in time for my birthday!!

This would mean I would have to return something to the forum.

Here's the choice:

The FuzzFaze + with alien tone mode- 6 mode fuzzface with tone control and alien tone mode feature. This particular model is not in production anymore.

The mysterious pedal I had the pleasure  to repair that appeared after a zz top concert that had no less than 6 Z's on the case which there is no schematic that I have ever seen of it. I related the story a ways back on this pedal and came to the conclusion it belonged to Billy Gibbons. For that reason I refused to market it or make the schematic available. TILL NOW!!!

csj

QuoteThat sounds like a really "rich" signal as far as high harmonics go.

No doubt that sounds good.

Quick, where's my silver solder and carbon comps and your schematic so I can "design" myself a new pedal?

RDV

Quote from: Peter SnowbergVery nice! 8) 8) 8) That sounds great. I really like the tones in clip #6 especially.

That sounds like a really "rich" signal as far as high harmonics go. I'll bet there's all sorts of amazing voices lurking in there if it gets run into a graphic EQ but the main voice does the name justice. :D

Take care,
-Peter
Thanks for the kind words. It's got a ton of high harmonic richness. We can't discount the impact of the axe I used. It's one of those red sparkle Epiphone Les Pauls with a Rio Grande BBQ Bucker in the lead position. That BBQ is the best I ever tasted. Graphtech bridge saddles also made it into a new instrument, can't recommend them enough. This pedal is almost better into a SS amp. With my Marshall the lowend of the pedal overdoes the input of the amp and isn't so clear. But people who run their effects into the frontend of a clean amp will love it.

RDV

RDV

If you're building it I would socket C3 and try a .1uF first instead of a 1uF to tame some of the lows.

RDV