wow...take a look at this...point to point efx wireing

Started by Hal, July 18, 2004, 01:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=681469&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

found it over at hcfx....thought i should post it here too.  Kinda funny...they were playing "guess the effect" with it.

Lonestarjohnny

it's cool, I built my first Fuzz Face thataway, Then I discovered the Magic of Perf here on the Forum,   :D  :D  :D
JD

petemoore

Jam, man that stuff is crammed in there.
 Looks like CAD spacing or alot of trial and error...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Paul Marossy

Hey, I have some of those really large IC chip sockets. I could actually put them to use for something...

Marcos - Munky

Cool!!! There are some answers that I laught when I saw them.

mugan

why did they use so large components? how will it work?
Give the mule what he wants

phillip

Fuzz Face.  Looks like they used my parts list over at Fuzz Central for the major circuit board parts...the Sprague Atom 20uF capacitor, Xicon 2.2uF input cap, the round yellow metallized polyester film output capacitor, the 1/2W Carbon Comps.  They also used a seperate board to mount the trimpots, which could be the Fuller mods to the Fuzz Face.

Phillip

Hal

yea, i thought it was a FF, with the 2 metal can trannies...the fuller mod has 3 trimpots?

I was confused by that.

phillip

They might have moved the external controls of the Fuller mods into the inside as trimpots...50K series resistor on the input of the circuit before the input cap, a 1K resistor in series with the 470-ohm resistor between the collector resistors of the two transistors.  Not sure what the other trimpot is for...the 8K2 resistor for the collector of Q2 is soldered in there.  Hard to tell exactly how those trimpots are wired in there.

I can make out "1305" on one of the metal cans...could be 2N1305 Germanium transistors, which are NPN.  I've used the 2N1304 and 2N1305 and they're both are excellent, consistent transistors.

Phillip

Marcos - Munky

The trimpots are the resistors. The guy said in the 2nd page of the thread that he didn't had the correct values, then he used trimpots.