Vox Pathfiner Tremolo depth mod

Started by Rodgre, July 18, 2004, 09:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

I remember bringing this up on some forum some years ago, but I don't recall ever having an answer...

Is there an easy way to mod and otherwise killer Vox Pathfinder 15 amp to have a deeper tremolo?

Roger

Rodgre

I'm sorry. Did I just BUMP you? :)

Roger

black mariah

You and your damn Pathfinders. :lol: I still need to pick one of those things up. Priorities suck, but whatcha gonna do? Anyway, that's the only thing that bugs me about the Pathfinders is that the tremolo is fairly weak. It's probably just the psychotic noise machine part of me talking. :lol:

petemoore

Do you hava scheamatic for the Pathfinder or pathfinder tremolo section?
 In the absence of that, can you see it from the inside? It's probably a chip trem [no LDR].
 Have you tried an EA Trem...I bet you were hoping no-one would type these words...might be eaiser to EA, than to trace out the trem and possibly find.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Rodgre

Quote from: petemooreDo you hava scheamatic for the Pathfinder or pathfinder tremolo section?
 In the absence of that, can you see it from the inside? It's probably a chip trem [no LDR].
 Have you tried an EA Trem...I bet you were hoping no-one would type these words...might be eaiser to EA, than to trace out the trem and possibly find.

Actually, I think it is an LDR.

It's not that I don't have a bunch of great sounding tremolo pedals and other amps with great trem and this is my only amp. I just had the thing open to replace a broken input jack, so I figured.... while I'm here....:)

I seem to recall someone suggesting a particular resistor or cap to tinker with, but I forget which.

Roger