High OutPut Fuzz, Schematics 2

Started by Somicide, July 19, 2004, 02:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somicide

I found this while going through the Schematics 2 section.  Some of the values are hard to read.  Anyone made this thing?  I'd like to hear if anyone has, if not, could someone help me read this damn thing?  Peace n love,

Jeff
Peace 'n Love

petemoore

I don't recall seeing this one in schems 2...can you provide a link?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Somicide

http://www.triodeel.com/fuzz2.jpg

Sorry, it was in Schematics, I just dont have the best memory at 4 am.  Peace n Love,

Jeff
Peace 'n Love

petemoore

L to R along the bottom is:
 !00k 100K3k3 5kL[pot] 100k 2k2 15kL[pot]
 what other values can't you read, it is a low res schem...
 I right clicked on the schem, then saved it, then opened it, and zoomed in on it. Even zoomed I can't for certain say that's a 15k pot, odd value anyway, I'd just start with 20k and see...100k maybe? since it's a V/R pot anything big [like 100k] can go small too.
 If you really wanna build it, and cant get it, I could try typing out the schematic in werds.

Somicide

Thanks, it was that 2k2 and the resistor on the top right i was most unsure about.  I think I can wing it from here now, I redrew the schematic in Paint, and labeled it all clearly.  Thanks for the help!  Peace n Love,

Jeff
Peace 'n Love

petemoore

cool, If you're trying it, I'd like to know how it's going!!
 I get free bias pots out of monitors, sometimes instead of finding the fixed R, I set a pot for say it's a 10k, look at where it is and try not to move it while installing it where the fixed would have been.
 Checking to see what the pot 'does' with it hooked to the DMM [R values] gives you a pretty good idea of what the trimpot does [what the R values are, as you turn it].