Millenium 2 question

Started by Willy, July 19, 2004, 09:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willy

Hi

I have a millenium 2 instaled in a MXR Distortion + clone and it wasn´t working properly. I pulled out the diode labelled as "low leakage diode" in RG´s drawing (it was a 1n4148 in my case) and it´s working great now, but...
could this affect the overall tone when the pedal is bypassed or on?

Thanks!

cd

Quote from: WillyHi

I have a millenium 2 instaled in a MXR Distortion + clone and it wasn´t working properly. I pulled out the diode labelled as "low leakage diode" in RG´s drawing (it was a 1n4148 in my case) and it´s working great now, but...
could this affect the overall tone when the pedal is bypassed or on?

Thanks!

The Millenium bypass (any version of it) is never in the signal path, so it can never affect your tone.

R.G.

Quote...and it wasn´t working properly. I pulled out the diode labelled as "low leakage diode" in RG´s drawing (it was a 1n4148 in my case) and it´s working great now, but...
Your low leakage diode wasn't particularly low leakage, or your high leakage diode wasn't leaky enough. Pulling out the low leakage diode fixed it because the LLD is a protective device anyway, not critical to the function, and that let the high leakage diode do its work.

I notice that all the BS170 and 2N7000 datasheets show protective zeners on the gate-source junction, so the protection of the LLD is probably not needed anyway.

But I'm a belt-and-suspenders kind of guy. :)
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Willy