MXR Headphone Amp At GGG

Started by RDV, July 20, 2004, 04:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDV

Has anyone built it?
I need a 'guitar voiced' clean headpnone amp, because my playing seems to be interfering with the family's TV watching. As I am basically a kind and giving soul, I'm going to try to cooperate. I thought about the Headwize headphone amps, but I would think that they might not be too happening for guitar. I've also got a Rockman Guitar Ace headphone amp, but I don't care for it much cause pedals do not work through it worth a crap.

The MXR project looks like it might be good, but a 22Meg resistor? Surely I can get by with a smaller value than that?

Thanks in advance for opinions!

RDV

David

RDV:

I built the HeadWize amp from the Alan Campbell article.  One of the ROG guys had suggested ways to simplify it.  I have a thread about it in the first half of last December.  IMHO, the thing works great.

Elektrojänis

I'm not totally sure but I dont see anything in that MXR schematic that would "voice" it for guitar. It seems to me that it has a fairly flat frequency responce.

Maybe you could drive it with some speaker simulator.

LM386 based amplifier should work for headphones too.

RDV

I've just been playing through my Ruby using the phones. It's not too bad clean, but distortion pedals don't sound too good through it. I guess what I need to build is a cab sim circuit, or play through my RP-12(that wouldn't quite be DIY wouldit?).

RDV