SPDT-DPDT & Tube reamer Problem ! Help !

Started by MartyMart, July 22, 2004, 08:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyMart

HI all,
Just built the ROG tube reamer, and have a foot switch labeled SPDT which has 6 connections ( two rows of 3 ala DPDT!! )
Following the normal "no true bypass" wiring, top two are FXin FXout middle lugs are Jack in, Jack out, bottom lugs are connected with a short wire.
All i have is a nice through box !  the switch gives me nice clean guitar or, nice clean guitar !!.
The 6 connections have thrown me, could it be a SPDT switch, in which case how is it wired ?? ( not possible to use it? )
Also the "perf" circuit has "Volume" pot only connected to the board on one lead to pin 3,
surely there's another connection from the board to vol pot 1??
Thanks in advance,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

petemoore

Sorry, I don't follow well enough
 Pen Paper, switch, and DMM set to beep mode, take readings on the switch lugs...where signal passes, where it doesn't...[notes] then actuate the switch [other side] and do it again, you should have a switchmap...what the switch does in both positions.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MartyMart

Thanks pete,
My DMM has gone "wierd" on me, i guess it was a bit too cheap !
can't get readings at all at the 'mo.
I think its the connections off board to pots, more than the switch, i'm pretty sure its just a DPDT switch, nice metal "Alpha" brand.
If you know anymore about the "ROG reamer" connections that would be great, there seem to be omissions, for the "vol" pot on the perf board and schematic.
Thanks,
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"

Fret Wire

On the Tube Reamer Vol. pot, lug 1 goes to ground, and lug 2 is your "out" connection. If you look at the schematic, you'll see the connections. You can run your lug 1 wire off the ground at the bottom of the perf layout. It's a nice sounding pedal, enjoy. :D
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

MartyMart

Thanks, its a great sounding pedal and i dont miss a tone control, mine are always set to 11 o'clock on every stomper, they NEVER move !!
I have signal and a great looking box, my problems are down to an SPDT "push to make" switch, which is fine if you hold our foot on it for a whole gig !.
I also doctored a 50k pot down to 5k, and it's Lin and should be Log i think !!! ( trying to make do with the wrong parts eh !! )
Will buy a DPDT switch and correct pot tomorrow, so fingers crossed !
Anyone know how i can post up a couple of pics ? from the UK ....
BSIAB II next . . . . . . . perf board possible?
Thanks,
Marty.

petemoore

from 50k, a 100k is x2, a 5k 10 X smaller than 50k...if you have a 100k there ... without looking at the schematic, you might want to try that there.
 I built the BSIAB on perf,...'works' with mpf102's...I can't say much except I think I need some J201's or the like.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

javacody

Pete, you wouldn't be willing to share your perf layout, would you?

lightningfingers

Hey Marty, did you happen to buy that switch from Maplin? :wink:
U N D E F I N E D

MartyMart

:(  Yeah !
Had a couple sitting around for a while, its "momentary" rather than "latching"  so its just an On-Off switch like a sustain pedal for a keyboard!
wierd though it has 6 legs and looks like a DPDT ??
Maplin do the same as a latching DPDT, for about £4- 7 bucks.
Can't get the switch today, so i've got to wait a month while i'm away, to finish the reamer. . . . . . .boooo
Marty.