Does anyone have a pic inside a Morly Chrome?

Started by tjburton, July 23, 2004, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjburton

I picked up an old Chrome Morley Power Wah Boost real cheap... Granted there is a small problem - the Lamp is hanging loose by its connecting wire in the unit. I can not see an obvious way that this mounts to the unit. The colored jewl is missing - I'm guessing that has something to do with the mounting.

Does anyone have a pic of the inside of a chrome Morley so I can how this thing needs to be mounted?

Thanks guys,

Tim Burton

Peter Snowberg

I don't have mine handy, but I remeber the lamp being connected between the case and a power resistor by the bridge rectifier. Sorry I can't be more specific, but from what I recall the lamp is a lower voltage unit than the transformer provides so the resistor is used.

You could replace the lamp with a couple of high brightness yellow or white LEDs too... If your lamp holder is missing that might even be an easier fix. The only that you have to make sure of is that enough light is generated to get the proper 'light' resistance.

Good luck,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

tjburton

Peter,

Actualy the lamp is there and works!!! It works great, and there is a bracket there too. I just can see how the bracket hooks to the pedal housing.

Thanks

TrekFX

Here you go:

http://www.members.aol.com/trekfx/Morley_interior.jpg

This pedal has been modded a bit, I think. There's a ganged pot in the fuzz intensity location, a new-looking pot in the tone location, and a couple metal-films jumpered in series across lands 2 and 3.

In fact, the bulb and socket look a bit "too new" for the pedal. I think that the mounting method is stock... I think! It's been a while since I peeked inside a "prime specimen." This one needs some adjusting... can't get to a zero-volume state.

No knobs, no treadle rubber, indicator jewel glued in place... it's far from mint but I got it for $25 so I can't complain!

TrekFX

Oops... forgot to mention that this is a Power Wah Fuzz.

tjburton

Hmmm. My bracket is much bigger. Not exactly the same as yours. Mine has a bracket with 2 holes. The more I think about it, I'm guessing the jewl light assembly is suppose to hold the bracket to the housing. Since this is missing the jewl light, does anyone know where to get the right sized jewl for a Morly?

Any other pics would be appreciated too   :D