How do i 2 LPB internally?

Started by Hydesg, July 24, 2004, 06:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydesg

hi
how do i connect 2 LPB2 together internally?

as in

guitar - > input - > LPB2(1)_output -> LPB2(2)_input -> output - > amp

using 2 dpdt switches

so that i can by pass either one when i wish to

?

RDV

If you're using 2 DPDT switches then you wire the first one up normally to the 1st LPB except don't hook the wire to the output jack from the switch. Instead hook it where you would normally wire the input jack for the second switch, then wire the rest of the 2nd LPB and 2nd switch normally. You'll then be able to turn both on or off individually, but when you have them both on the first will be feeding the second one, so the 2nd LPB volume will be the master volume and the 1st will be the pre-volume.

HTH

RDV

ildar

Can this be done with an (theoretically) unlimited chain of effects?

RDV

Quote from: ildarCan this be done with an (theoretically) unlimited chain of effects?
Yes, but remember that if on, one feeds the next(& so on).

RDV

audioguy

I tohught I had read on someones webpage that you needed to remove a cap on the out of the 1st unit or the in of the 2nd?

RDV

Quote from: audioguyI tohught I had read on someones webpage that you needed to remove a cap on the out of the 1st unit or the in of the 2nd?
Perhaps if you're putting 2 effects in series on one switch, but we're simply talking about a multi-effects box with separate switches for each effect(in series).

Regards

RDV

Hal

well, its not that you would _have_ to, but input and output caps between the two _could_ be reduced to one cap between the two stages.  it would be easier, and work just as well, to simply make the output jack of the first, the input jack of the second, if you know what i mean...

RDV

Quote from: Halwell, its not that you would _have_ to, but input and output caps between the two _could_ be reduced to one cap between the two stages.  it would be easier, and work just as well, to simply make the output jack of the first, the input jack of the second, if you know what i mean...
Yes, but only if you're putting two in series on one switch.

RDV

Hal

welll.....

at first i was thinking one single "true bypass" switch, then another SPDT switch to make it single/double...

but now i see what you're talking about.

ildar

Somewhat on the same track-how would you go about powering several effects with one source, in this case a dc wall wart?

RDV

Quote from: ildarSomewhat on the same track-how would you go about powering several effects with one source, in this case a dc wall wart?
Parallel them.

RDV