amz fuzz face?

Started by dudemyster, July 26, 2004, 05:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dudemyster

hi put this together as on amz site. the fuzz was messy and non amplified. when i took the signal from C3. if though i take the signal from Q2 collector its fine. also is it correct that R5 is 1k as i asked for this but got sent a 100k and all this seems to do is act as a volume contol so i took it out for now!

any ideas?

thx in adv
Every one can do somthing!

Hal

use a 1k, then...if its the right part...

time to hit up rat shack..

and you shouldn't just bypass the output cap.  It makes bad things happen.  (simply put)

the_badcliff

R5 is the fuzz control.  In my build I ran a 2k2 (I think) resistor to ground in place of the 1k pot.  This is like having the fuzz pot at full all the time.   I don't think you would want to omit R5 completely.

dudemyster

ok get i get the R5 bit now, but how come i can get the signal from Q2c but not from the other side of R3. i guess that R3 bias Q2. i put C3 of Q2c for coupling (think thats right) but the circuit shows the signal being taken from  between R2 and R3?

thx in adv

petemoore

Ff's differ..if you tap Q2 collector for the output, [throught outcap]  output will be greater than 'above' the Q2 collector resistor, the one I'm using taps between the Q2 collector resistor and the little top resistor [330-470ohm in most, this uses a 1k].
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dudemyster

pardon my ignorance, but when i tap of from between R2+R3 i get hardly any signal?what do u achieve by tapping there and not at Q2collector?

thx

petemoore

A little more output, small difference in tone. Tames it a bit I believe.
 You are using an output cap...using non polarized?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

dudemyster

yea 0.1 mf mylar, just for me wiring the same as the circuit just didnt seem to want to play unless i tapped form Q2 collector. hey guess it works though :-) thats something

thx