help with crybaby mod

Started by talking_goat, July 27, 2004, 04:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talking_goat

Hi
I have installed a 3DPT swith in my crybaby for true bypass and i also wanted to include a led on the side. I have everything wired up and the effect is working except the led. Where should i attached the +ve side of the led to get things to work??

I used the first diagram on this page, if that helps?

http://www.banzaieffects.com/attic/tech3.htm

Thanks

Chris S

Attache the +ve bit of the LED to a 4k7 resistor and then attach that to the 9V power source and you should have a LED on a wah.

Surely this is one effect that really needs an LED in it!  :D

talking_goat

Quote from: Chris SAttache the +ve bit of the LED to a 4k7 resistor and then attach that to the 9V power source and you should have a LED on a wah.

Surely this is one effect that really needs an LED in it!  :D

Um, it's got an AC adapter as well as battery, where abouts exactly should I attach that??

Since I only had switches with 9 pole pieces I thought I may as well make use of the extras so Id try and hook up a led.

Paul Marossy

I wouldn't mind adding a LED to my wah...

Transmogrifox

QuoteUm, it's got an AC adapter as well as battery, where abouts exactly should I attach that??

Look at where the 9V adapter pins are on the bottom of the PCB.  One pin should be connected to the battery, another to the ground trace, and a third to the pedal's Vcc/power supply trace.  You want to use the pedal's power supply trace.  Locate it by process of elimination as it is the only trace off the 9V adapter pins that isn't connected to either the audio jacks or the cluster coming in from the plastic terminal at the top of the board.

If it helps, The power trace is connected immediately to a 1k resistor.  The other end of the 1k resistor is connected to a capacitor and zener diode and the collector of the transistor next to the input jack.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

talking_goat

Quote from: Transmogrifox
QuoteUm, it's got an AC adapter as well as battery, where abouts exactly should I attach that??

Look at where the 9V adapter pins are on the bottom of the PCB.  One pin should be connected to the battery, another to the ground trace, and a third to the pedal's Vcc/power supply trace.  You want to use the pedal's power supply trace.  Locate it by process of elimination as it is the only trace off the 9V adapter pins that isn't connected to either the audio jacks or the cluster coming in from the plastic terminal at the top of the board.

If it helps, The power trace is connected immediately to a 1k resistor.  The other end of the 1k resistor is connected to a capacitor and zener diode and the collector of the transistor next to the input jack.

This worked! Thanks for the help!