Dano Chicken Salad Vibrato

Started by Dan N, July 27, 2004, 06:00:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John G

Brent,
There is a small trim pot on the lower pc board, maybe the current setting for the lamp is maladjusted, or maybe they are sensitve to supply voltage, I must do a bit of experimenting.
Brett, the Dano pedal being discussed is the orange plastic boxed "chicken salad", two knobs depth and speed.
cheers,
John G

brett

Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Chris S

Hello fellow Chicken saladers

I changed a capacitor on my chicken salad a couple of months ago to make it go a bit faster sounds only problem is that the amplitude goes up and down to. Love to know if anyone has tried this or has a resolution for this.

Thanks for the schematic post too!

John G

Chris what was the cap designation?
John G

Craig V

Hi guys,

I have had one of these lying around broken for about a year.  I tried to replace the speed pot, but screwed a good part of the circuit up.  Do you think it's worth trying to repair?

Sic

craig, i think anything that is "fixable" is worth fixing... plus if you messed it up trying to fix it... you can't make it worse... it'll be good practice.

Chris S

QuoteChris what was the cap designation?

Erm it's Capactitor C102 on the board. I changed it from a 1uF (I think) to 0.33uF (I have put foam tape on the back of the board as it is crammed in a new box with a tremelo and therefore can't read where it is on the board and besides I'm a bit scared I'll read it  wrong.

Thanks Heaps!!!

John G

Chris,
Have you read R.G Keens blurb on the "technology of the Univibe" over at GEO. This is an excellent article and a good way to understand the beast. You got c102 right but you need to change a total of three caps, the others being c104,c105. I believe they all need to be the same value, to preserve correct operation. You could short out R101/R106 (4k7)for increase in the upper speed.
Cheers,
John G

Chris S

Ah, that makes sense, I might try a caps in between 0.33uf and 1uF. Does that sound sensible?

John G

Chris,
I believe you try say 0.47mF caps them the LFO will run at twice speed. Someone please correct me if I am Incorrect.
John G