100k alpha 16mm audio pots.......... please read

Started by Brian Marshall, July 27, 2004, 03:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Marshall

i got a quote from mouser on these they will only quote them on a 12 week lead time with a min order of 1000 @ $0.72 US

now i doubt anyone would be interested (im not even sure if im intereested) but anyone want to split them up.... i could take about 200

Mark Hammer

I buy these at Supremetronic in Toronto in quantities of 1 at 70 cents Canadian.  I don't know how they do it (midnight hijackings of 180wheelers packed with components?) but you may want to contact them. http://www.supremetronic.com/#

mikeb

I'll say it again - for that sort of quantity, contact manufacturers directly. There's no need to go via a distributor at all for large quantities - you'll save money, and likely you'll get the pots much quicker also.

Mike

puretube

however, lately (european) manufacturers themselves face lead times of 2 to 3 months themselves, since they started not only having their stuff produced, but also more and more having it stored in "the area around India & China"...

RDV

Quote from: Brian Marshalli got a quote from mouser on these they will only quote them on a 12 week lead time with a min order of 1000 @ $0.72 US

now i doubt anyone would be interested (im not even sure if im intereested) but anyone want to split them up.... i could take about 200
I think that Smallbear would probably cut you similar deal for 200. He buys direct I think.

RDV

Brian Marshall

yeah, im not sure its such a great idea now that i think about it.

from what i understand though, steve is out of them, and with how things are going over there i wont have them for 12 weeks anyways.

Brian Marshall

oh yeah, and how would i contact alpha directly?

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)