hello
id like to know if they are able to drive a 2x12 marshall cab
http://www.marshallamps.com/images/products/cabinets/1936.html

at the very least in bed room volume levels

it would save me a great deal if i can plug it in to the
2 x 12 marshall cab

if it works, ill get the cab and diy the amp

question.
does it distorts to metal level or id need to add a pedal like blackfire in front

:D

petemoore

As long as you follow the speaker ohmage rule on the amp you're building, you should be fine...
 I built 2w dual 386 amps, and they're PDClean with the gain caps disconnected [or switched off], allowing 'pre' diestortions to work well with them...er that's how I'm using them...
 Actually I like alot of playback amps, so when I need one I whip it right up, leaving the gain caps out...
 Oh I should say I'm talking about the ROG amps, I think it's a LG MkII with added jfet buffer...each amp has two 386's and a J201 on the board.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Hydesg

do you have a link or a schematic for the LG MKII with jfet buffer?

ill try building one and get a 2 x 12 cab

[/list]

Gary

Yes, you can drive a 1936 to respectable levels with the MkII.  Don't expect to inflict some hearing damage, but it makes a nice practice amp.

I used a 1936 to test this circuit.  An 8 )ohm cab would give more volume, but not a great deal more.  Use an adapter to power the amp.  You won't be able to buy batteries fast enough!

Yes, you'll need a distortion box to get into metal territory.  The LGMkII by itself is more Bad Company than Judas Priest.  If you have a Blackfire built, use that.  It should be a pretty good sounding rig.

Best regards,

petemoore

Sorry to confuse, I just looked at the LG MkII, which uses an input buffer as shown in the schematic at ROG.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.