News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Tim E.

Started by Gary, July 28, 2004, 01:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Tim,

I just had a chance to listen to your "Tripple Fuzz" clip.  Very nice!  I'll have to build one.  There's something magic in that tone, especially the lower drive section at the first.  There's almost a Fuzz Face quality, but not quite.  I've gotta try it.

Another great circuit from the Zen Master!  You cannot be thanked enough.

b_rogers

i agree about the clip..sounds so round and full. a lot of cool stuff on your page too.

Brent
homegrown, family raised couch potatoes. temperament unsurpassed.
http://electricladystaffs.com/

Tim Escobedo

It's a nice circuit that goes from a sweet and full sound to fuzz full of overtones.

I've changed the circuit a bit, eliminating the trimpot and adding a 500k resistor in parallel with the 220pF cap. This helped stabilize biasing of the PNP/NPN pair over a range of battery power supply voltages.

lightningfingers

while we're on the subject of Tim's circuits, anyone have a schem for the older version of the ugly face (the one with the 2N3904s in the envelope follower rather than an LM386) :?:
U N D E F I N E D

chumpito

Or the one without the envelope mod at all?

Marcos - Munky

strungout

hmm I'd like to have a look at that too, Marcos, if you can send it over to fk2f at hotmail.com
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

Marcos - Munky

Check your e-mail. Chumpito and Lightningfingers, tell me your e-mail address.

Tim Escobedo

I don't have any old schems.

The transistor version really doesn't have many advantages. It was a bit more complicated and used more parts. And it took a little more fiddling about to work correctly.

The current version can be "non-envelope controlled" by simply eliminating the vactrol and envelope pot.

Sic

hey marco, shoot those schems my way too plz Odiopopulis AT Hotmail DOT com

thanks man =D i appreciate it

Marcos - Munky

Chumpito and Sic, check your e-mail.

chumpito

Thanks Marcos :wink:
And Tim I was just curious to see the changes as I'm trying to figure everything out and compare it to the Crash Sync. :D

Ge_Whiz

QuoteI've changed the circuit a bit, eliminating the trimpot and adding a 500k resistor in parallel with the 220pF cap.

'Scuse me, Tim, have I got this right? Leave out the 1M trimmer altogether?

Tim Escobedo

Yup. No trimmer needed.

I'll post a revised schem tonight.

Ge_Whiz

Much obliged, Tim. I like that sound. And all your other stuff works first go for me. Particularly like the phuncgnosis.

lightningfingers

U N D E F I N E D

Marcos - Munky

Schematic sent.